autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wheel brushes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel brushes

The Daytona speed master is a great brush but can be a bit messy but buy which ever one suits your happiness for now cause in the long run you will have the speed master, wheel woollies, and almost every other wheel brush its a natural occurrence, and each brush will have its use in my IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Daytona and the jr and I just bought the wheel whoolies because I was tired of the splatter from the Daytona. I think the whoolies have more uses since they come in three different sizes too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for not reading thread all the way through... Oops. My brain showed me Wheel Woolie and brush and thought you were referring to the actual brushes and not the tools used to get all the wheel. My bad! I use Daytona brushes for the inside of Wheel and I use the ammo brushes for the face of the wheel as well as the tight spaces in between the spokes.

I love my Daytona brushes though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the splatter problem others are experiencing with their daytona brushes. Just go nice and slow. If you brush fast it will splatter. I spray some Iron-x, slowly agitate, rinse, then re wash. After re washing most the dirt is gone so its a cleaner working surface.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheel brushes

I use the Daytona brushes with two buckets. Bucket 1 filled with a Dawn mixture ( or other wash of your choice) and bucket 2 filled with clean water. Spray the wheel with water and then your favorite APC ( I use optimum power clean). Dip the Daytona brush in the soapy solution and then go to work on the barrel, spokes and insides. If the brush is getting dirty, dip in bucket 2 to clean and then dip in bucket 1 and go back to work. This minimizes the nasty spray from the brush. I also use a 1" boars hair in the same fashion for the outer spokes and lugs. Using rinseless is just too dirty when dealing with brake dust and road grime on the wheels. When done just spray it down with the water hose. I always clean the wheels and fender wells first and then come back with a rinseless wash. ( I've been using ONRWW)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use P21s Wheel Gel for my wheel cleaner. Sounds like Daytona's are the way to go.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by b0b View Post
    I have Wheel Woolie brushes and are not that fond of them at all. Try these out, they are fantastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Golf View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the wheel woolies either. I have them and used them but I prefer the daytona brushes. I use the daytona jr for the spokes, the larger daytona for the inner barrel and the pro for the wheel well.

Also a 1" boars hair brush is good for the face & lugs
    O'tay.... then which one of you want's to send me your "Woolies"? I'll even pay the shipping!

I too have the 'splatter masters' as well as the 'woolies' and cannot do without either of them. Although that baby woolie gets very little use. Love how you can bend the Daytona's to do what you want, where you want, but I also keep safety glasses right next to them just for the splatter they throw.

So yeah, y'all just drop those Woolies in a Priority Mail bag and I'll be looking for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Having trouble finding the link that was posted awhile back to the German Wheel Brushes Larry sells on ammonyc.com.
    Anyone got the skinny?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Woolies are great for Door Jambs

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, been using woolies for that lately.
    I'm more interested in these brushes for less than $60.

The one I bought from Ammo detached from the wood handle and I don't want to spend that much money on this brush again.
    Someone linked a site that sells the exact same brush for like $20 awhile back -- after I purchased mine. I just never got around to buying another thinking the one I had would last longer than 7 months.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast