autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Transfering photo's from; My photo's to My albums

Is there a way to do this; transfer pics from 'my photos' to 'my albums'? Wasn't sure it could be done or not. Wonder if a simple copy and paste could be done?

I have 4 albums created in 'my albums'. I also have photo's in 'my photo's' that I'd like to place in albums.

Mike,
    I assume you create an album for each car you work on or set of pictures?
    Do you ever see a need, or use, 'my photo's' for any of your pics? I guess I'm asking how you use each category, my photo's and my albums.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

Re: Transferring photo's from; My photo's to My albums

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

Is there a way to do this; transfer pics from 'my photos' to 'my albums'? Wasn't sure it could be done or not. Wonder if a simple copy and paste could be done?
    I don't think there's a way to move pictures out of one album into another album once they are uploaded. At least I've tried and have not found a way.

I have 4 albums created in 'my albums'. I also have photo's in 'my photo's' that I'd like to place in albums.
    What I do is create a dedicated album for each and every project I do. I also tend to name the album using the same words I want to use as the title, description and key words for each picture. This is for search engine rankings.

Do a Google search of images with ANY detailing word or term and add Mike Phillips and see how many pictures you pull up.

It only takes me a few seconds to "think" out the words and only a few more seconds to type them and then copy and paste them into the three fields for title, description and key words each time I do this. So the pay-off is worth a few seconds, at least for my purpose as I'm in this industry for the long run.

Just created this photo album with it's own name and used the name for all field options when uploading

Rupes Fast Wheel Cleaner Mike Phillips

And here's the picture...

Mike,
    I assume you create an album for each car you work on or set of pictures?
    Yes. Some of my article have a lot of pictures, anywhere from 25 to 100+ and the only way to stay organized for the last 12 years on forums and moving into the next 12 years on forums is to create dedicated albums for each project.

Do you ever see a need, or use, 'my photo's' for any of your pics? I guess I'm asking how you use each category, my photo's and my albums.

I click on "My Albums" and right below it there's a text link that reads,

Create new album

I click on that and create a new album for any new project. I never click on My Photos.

When I do I get this,

My Photos

Click on the My Photos link and scroll down the page and keep in mind this is just one page of albums, I think there's 9 more.

I just now checked my photo stats for the AGO Photo Gallery, looks like my pictures have been viewed over 10 millions times. That's a lot of impressions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transferring photo's from; My photo's to My albums

Is there a way to do this; transfer pics from 'my photos' to 'my albums'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I don't think there's a way to move pictures out of one album into another album once they are uploaded. At least I've tried and have not found a way.
    Wasn't sure if that was a type above or not, or if you misunderstood me. The first photo's in my gallery were place in 'my photo's' and I see now that I should have created an album for them. I can obviously upload them again into an album from my computer, but wasn't sure if there was another way to move them such as copy from 'my photo's' and paste to 'my albums'? Sorry for the confusion on my part.

EDIT:
    Just tried copy and pasting and it will not work.

I will just upload the photo's again from my computer into an album.

What I do is create a dedicated album for each and every project I do. I also tend to name the album using the same words I want to use as the title, description and key words for each picture. This is for search engine rankings.
    This is what I was thinking about when I started this thread.

Do a Google search of images with ANY detailing word or term and add Mike Phillips and see how many pictures you pull up.

It only takes me a few seconds to "think" out the words and only a few more seconds to type them and then copy and paste them into the three fields for title, description and key words each time I do this. So the pay-off is worth a few seconds, at least for my purpose as I'm in this industry for the long run.

Just created this photo album with it's own name and used the name for all field options when uploading

Rupes Fast Wheel Cleaner Mike Phillips

And here's the picture...

Yes. Some of my article have a lot of pictures, anywhere from 25 to 100+ and the only way to stay organized for the last 12 years on forums and moving into the next 12 years on forums is to create dedicated albums for each project.

I click on "My Albums" and right below it there's a text link that reads,

Create new album

I click on that and create a new album for any new project. I never click on My Photos.

When I do I get this,

My Photos

Click on the My Photos link and scroll down the page and keep in mind this is just one page of albums, I think there's 9 more.

I just now checked my photo stats for the AGO Photo Gallery, looks like my pictures have been viewed over 10 millions times. That's a lot of impressions.

These are great tips, Mike. Thank you!!!
    Bill