autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ahhhhhh

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhhh

For all you South Floridians you know what I'm talking about. What the hell is up with all those white/fuzzy floating seed things in the air right now? I don't remember it being this bad. And all the friggen gnats, for whatever reason they only seem to be attracted to my white truck out of all our cars, second I hose them off their back on. Made washing/drying a b!tch. Seems right after the last week of rain the fuzzies are everywhere.

Plus with all those floaty seed things in the air, our Lincoln Towncar (has the canvas top) is covered in them and I can't get them off. There must be hundreds on the canvas and they stick like glue, brushes/wash/cleaner etc, nothing works to get them off, and when I do get them off they leave their little hair strand things behind.

Anybody else having this problem. Guess it's not so bad over here being right across the beach. I drove just past Military TRL in Delray today and my front end looked like I creamed hundreds of bugs. They seemed to be swarming in that area.

Post Thanks / Like
    gnats are a pain. I normally wash during the evening and have the lights on for me to see. Nowadays taht's becoming harder and harder to do. with the lights reflecting off the paint, the bugs are attracted to it and get stuck in the foam/water.

as for the seed things, try a lint roller.

Post Thanks / Like
    we are actually seeing alot of ash this past weekend, must be the burning acres on 27. The gnats are also bad but signal rain is coming, so follow their advice and get her in the garage.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    my car is outside in the middle of a downpour right now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    we are actually seeing alot of ash this past weekend, must be the burning acres on 27. The gnats are also bad but signal rain is coming, so follow their advice and get her in the garage.
    Whats signal rain, and follow whose advice??? lol.

F'n gnats, some of those little bugger's bite/sting to, kept feeling like I was getting pricked by a needle but barely saw anything since they are so small. The white, floaty, fuzzball looking things in the air are driving me nutz though, what the hell are they, seeds? I don't know why but I don't really remember it being this bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    ya, the wispy things let the seeds float far away fom the parent plant which is good for the plant because it ensures that all the offspring aren't clumped around in the same area blah blah blah *insert technical scientific information here*

AutogeekOnline. More than just auto detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    ya, the wispy things let the seeds float far away fom the parent plant which is good for the plant because it ensures that all the offspring aren't clumped around in the same area blah blah blah *insert technical scientific information here*

AutogeekOnline. More than just auto detailing.
    Do you know what plant it is, I'm gonna go nueter their asses

Only thing really around our property is Palm Tree's, don't think their comming from them. And I'm declaring a jihad on gnats, I demand Meghan to come down here with her flip flops and wack the crap outta them
    Last edited by Surfer; 06-04-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love bugs are killing me

I have a 90 mile round-trip commute every day and it's like a losing battle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nevermind Killr, got in the truck this morning and there was ash on our vehicles, and we're nowhere near 27. Didn't think a 27 acre fire would leave ashes was over here, I'm borderline east Boca/Delray on across the beach. I remember the fire's last year up in West Palm or Central FL (where ever it was) and it smelled like a BBQ for a week with almost fog like conditions.

Tried lint roller, no worky , those wispy seeds are locked onto the fabric. What a b!tch lol . I'm gonna find out what palnt is releasing them and neuter it's ass