autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite product

There are a lot of cool glazes, sealants, coatings, waxes, and tools that help our paint 'pop'. But my favorite tool is fairly cheap, and pretty mundane. That's Detailers Pro waterless wash concentrate!.

The reason? Well, before AutoGeek I was pretty sure my car just wasn't going to get clean in the winter. She's parked outside, and I live in an apartment. I knew better than to go to a swirl-o-matic, but the touchless automatics and coin-op sans the brush don't really get the car clean. I'd go there just to get most of the crud off and be done.

Enter DP Waterless Autowash! Cheap, concentrated- works! I go to the coin op, spray the car with $1.50 worth of high-pressure rinse, then shoot down the interstate to the next exit at 75mph (aka a redneck master-blaster!), then come home, grab an armful of fluffy towels and a Mercury Pro sprayer full of waterless wash and go to town!

I'm just so impressed with the results. At first, I was skeptical. I would see pro detailers on the forum talking about how they do waterless washes for customers and I thought, gee, why would you pay someone to wipe your car down? At least wash the guys car, you've got a tank of water and a pressure washer right there in the van! But that's because I didn't realize just how effective this stuff is. I started using it and realized it got my car REALLY CLEAN, AND, left it with a nice shine! Scratch free!

Here's what I just got done doing; (Hope you all don't mind but I preserved the high iPhone resolution so that you could really see how clean it gets the car; a dirty car looks clean at low res!)

And here's the 'money shot'. The pickup in the background (and this is no exaggeration) is one of the cleanest vehicles in the parking lot. It's 'too easy' to compare it to a caked on mess of a car that never gets washed anyway; but this guy actually does take his truck to the car wash about once a week; and so you can see the assault my car is on!

(Note that in the pics I hadn't yet done the wheels or tires)

I'd say it looks pretty good! I picked this car up from the dealer the day it was delivered from the factory (I special ordered it). NO prep or setup was done. It has never been polished, or even sealed or waxed, because 'that day' happened to be the day this big winter storm blew in and I haven't yet been able to. This Friday I'm gonna hit it with some SF4500, followed by DP Paint Sealant and some Menzerna wax. Will be borrowing a garage for this task! So any shine you see on the car is a combination of A) Natural paint and B) The waterless wash. I can honestly say that this car, in it's entire life (It was built on November 26th) has NEVER seen wax, polish, glaze, sealant, or anything else other than a coin-op pressure washer and DP waterless wash. (though that will change this week!)
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My favorite product

She's a beaut, Clark.

- Cousin Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tommy View Post
    She's a beaut, Clark.

- Cousin Eddie
    Thank ya sir!

Not bad for a daily driver eh?
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tommy View Post
    She's a beaut, Clark.

- Cousin Eddie
    Lol

Looks good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    Thank ya sir!

Not bad for a daily driver eh?

Heck no. A friend of mine has an 11 or 12, whatever the body style change year was. I prefer my DD with 550+hp though.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, nice! That's a sweet caddy-lac!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good!

I used to do the redneck blow dry job on my '68 Charger R/T. One day, I saw the town squad car doing the same thing. I gave it a good head start, and took off, caught up to it in short order. I think the squad topped out at around 80. Note to self: Not a good idea to pass a squad car going 25 mph over the speed limit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a gallon of the DP rinse less wash and I have high expectations of it after reading all these reviews of similar products.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Looks good!

I used to do the redneck blow dry job on my '68 Charger R/T. One day, I saw the town squad car doing the same thing. I gave it a good head start, and took off, caught up to it in short order. I think the squad topped out at around 80. Note to self: Not a good idea to pass a squad car going 25 mph over the speed limit.
    Haha

Well, my favorite coin op is right off the interstate. Rural area, so there's zero traffic (on the interstate or around it). I hop right on and do 75 no problemo!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the sharing... That shall make more people into believing, or rather less skeptical towards rinseless wash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast