autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

KSG tips/techniques

I know its kind hard to apply ksg for beginners.was wondering if you guys have techniques re applications?can i transfer it to a atomizer/spray bottle so i dont waste too much sg?will it give me thinner coats when applying?pls help.thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    KSG being my favorite product, I'll give you all the advice based on how I use it..

1. use a "regular" round m/f applicator... probably around 3" or so in diameter
    2. apply a line of KSG across the middle of the applicator, and a bit away from the edges
    3. fold the applicator in half so that the two "ends" of the line meet... basically fold it perpendicular to the line, not parallel
    4. if you're applying it to the roof (which I always do first... go from roof down) imagine 2 lines on the roof that divide it into 3 (this will also depend on how large the roof is so it might be 2 or 4, etc..)... move the applicator pad from the center of the roof towards the door where you're standing on each of those imaginary lines...
    5. spread the KSG front/back, going perpendicular to those lines you just applied it to, and just apply how you see best, making sure to apply as little as possible and take off most of the KSG from the 2lines you initially applied it to, since there will be a lot there
    6. I usually let the KSG dry while I wipe down the glass, dress tires, etc... usually around 15-20 mins
    7. I dampen one m/f towel with a QD (I use #34 but any will work just fine) then wipe with the damp towel, and wipe off streaking with another, dry m/f towel

Leaves a perfect finish every time and lasts

Again this is just how I've been doing it for the past couple years and have had great success with it, so take it for what it's worth...

Good luck
    Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    small travel size hairspray bottle. One to two spritzes max per panel. Use WOWO (wipe on wipe off) immediately. If stubborn area, spritz and immediately buff off.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    great tips!thanks killrwheels and lecchilo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    small travel size hairspray bottle. One to two spritzes max per panel. Use WOWO (wipe on wipe off) immediately. If stubborn area, spritz and immediately buff off.
    do you use qd or water when removing ksg?what type of mf do you recommend?