autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trouble posting photo's

Shortly after sending Mike a pm I located his articles on posting photo's.

I've posted photo's here before, but I must say that I absolutely hate the process...mostly because my computer is slow.

I resized about 10 photo's with Easy Thumbnails, created a folder to place the newly resized photo's into (800X800), created an album in my gallery to place them, then I proceeded to trying to upload all ten (10) pictures...which didn't work, so I backed off to four (4) and that didn't work either...backed off to trying to upload only two (2) photo's and so far I'm still waiting...been waiting for almost ten (10) minutes to upload two (2) 800X800 photo's.

I'm on RoadRunner Business line as well, but my computer is seven (7) years old though.

Hasn't kicked me offline yet, so maybe there's a possibility of the photo's getting to my album...then I only have to wait for 8 more to upload.

As if the process of uploading photo's on this forum isn't enough already. Geeeez Louis!!!!!!!

Just venting a bit...
    Bill

Mike Phillips

Re: Trouble posting photo's

E-mail me one of the photos that is not uploading. I can usually tell you why.

Don't "insert" it into your e-mail. Instead, "attach" it as a file.

mike.phillips@autogeek.net

I've uploaded about 30 pictures today after using Easy Thumbnails to resize them with zero problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent...

Don't need to post it. I will do that when we figure out what's going on. We we figure it out I wanted to upload a few more to albums for different threads.

Been putting off uploading photo's for too long and it's high time to get some uploaded and threads made.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

Just look and you need to change the prefix from,

.JPG

to

.jpg

Give that a try, other than that the file name format and size look good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Just look and you need to change the prefix from,

.JPG

to

.jpg

Give that a try, other than that the file name format and size look good.

I wonder why, or how, it got changed? Never had that happen the other times I uploaded photo's.

Next time I'll know to take a look. I just assumed it was fine as uploaded from my files. You don't know what you don't know...

I'll see if it works. Thank you sir!!!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

That is really interesting that the .JPG got capitalized like that. I went into some files with resized photo's of some pictures of a Ranger Bass Boat that are already in an album in my gallery and the .jpg is all lower case. I have no idea why they uploaded differently, that is, the .JPG got capitalized like that. That's interesting. I'm pretty certain the pictures downloaded the same...meaning I followed the same steps to get them onto my computer.

I wonder if something happened in the Easy Thumbnails program? IDK!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

OK (anyone),

I took a look at many of the photo's on my computer that came straight from the camera. Most, but not all, look like this .JPG which would explain Mikes comments. However, the thing that is weird as that all the pictures I've previously resized using Easy Thumbnails have all been resized and were changed to (via Easy Thumbnails I suppose) .jpg ... and were uploaded successfully to the AG gallery/album.

So now the question is; Why did Easy Thumbnails change the vast majority of my pictures that started as .JPG and change them to .jpg and not change the most recent pictures I tried to resize?

I've erased all the resized pictures (the 10 I was working with). I'm going to try and resize them again using Easy Thumbnails and see what happens. It should work because I'm doing the same thing as I did months ago when I tried uploaded pictures and was successful...which is the same steps I took with these 10 photo's following Mike's directions on his how-to thread.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Okay...

All of my previously uploaded photo's were shot with my cheapo' phone, then uploaded to the AG gallery. All of those photo's are .jpg and it seems they were that way when I resized them using Easy Thumbnails.

There's only one photo that's been uploaded that was taken with my new camera and that photo was sent to Mike via email and he uploaded it for me and it's .jpg. I have not tried to upload anymore photo's to this site, in addition to what Mike posted for me, since getting my new camera. Obviously, I would have had this problem before (.JPG to .jpg) had I tried uploading more pictures.

Now the question is: Am I going to have to go into my 'pictures' and change every single photo from .JPG to .jpg? Talk about taking forever.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

I don't have any answer for any of your questions but here's how I avoid any photo problems...

I rename all the file names for every picture I upload for use in the Internet.

For example in this thread I just created, after taking the pictures I renamed them,

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_001.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_002.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_003.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_004.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_005.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_006.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_007.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_008.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_009.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_010.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_01.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_012.jpg

Rupes_Zephir_Gloss_Coarse_Gel_Compound_013.jpg

By doing this I never have any uploading issues and after I insert ONE pictures using the [IMG] tags I can then quickly copy and paste the code for the one picture over and over again and then just continue to change the last digits and presto...

It's a system that works for me...

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha Mike. You're making me look bad, man.

Guess I'll rename all the photo's then and make sure to make the jpg in lower case letters.
    Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast