autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Difference between Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating & Paint Coating

Can someone tell me if there is any "real" difference between these 2 products besides the size?
    And does either one come w/ the recommended Lake Country Coating Applicator?

Really thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these before the sale ends.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference between Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating & Paint Coating

This is as real as I can find:

Quote Originally Posted by DedhamDetail View Post
    Whats the difference between Diamond surface coating and the paint/wheel/glass coatings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    This has been answered in one of the other threads, but I'll reiterate: Diamond Surface Coating was formulated to bond to paint, glass, and wheels. Consider it an "all in one" exterior coating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris's FX4 View Post
    So realistically, is the Diamond Surface Coating going to last just as long as the other individual Diamond Coatings on their respective surfaces?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Yes; consider Diamond Surface Coating an "all in one" type coating. It was formulated to bond to all surfaces while offering superb durability, gloss, slickness, and protection.
    A call to the good folks at AGO may provide more real-information.
    And, IMO...
    That would also be a good time to ask them about the LC Coating Applicator.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference between Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating & Paint Coating

Good luck with getting that answer. We've all been asking, but as Bob posted, that's about as close as you're gonna' get. (Hopefully for now only and it'll change once SEMA is over.)

I do know that Nick told me that the wheel coating is formulated to withstand higher heat. (But didn't address any real differences in the other 3, paint, glass and 'all in one'.)

They DO smell slightly different if that helps. (The three dedicated ones that is.) Can't answer about the 'all in one' as I didn't buy that one.