autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country pads buying advice

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny94 View Post
    Sorry, had to chime in all. As this topic is a bookmark/keeper, great job Cardaddy. Thank you!
    You are certainly welcome Kenny. But hey, what I learned about Menzerna started here on AGO, (and of course afterwards working with the product on my own).

Quote Originally Posted by cheekyage View Post
    Hey Cardaddy,

What were the codes PO83 and PO91E you used in a previous post related to?
    Kenny's link has them, as well as this one.
    Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish,
    If you look at each product description you'll see the other nomenclature there as well as on the bottles. Basically those two are 1500 and 2000.

Good catch Kenny!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm a bit late in replying on this one, but wanted to chime in. Cardaddy makes some great points, I second what he said.

I noticed you asked a couple times about the yellow pad, just as Cardaddy stated, it's very aggressive and will most likely end up in the bottom of a box.

If you are just getting started, I would spend my money on orange and white. You can get a lot done on neglected paint with an orange pad and different compounds. The white pad is a must have for second step after an orange pad, or for maintenance on well cared for paint. Again, different cut polishes can give you a wide range of ability/options. You have a few pads now, but I think you will find that you wish you had more of the same colors over more of different colors. Nothing worse than finding a combination that works on a test spot and then not having enough clean pads to work it all the way through the entire detail. As a beginner with a DA you will experiment with the amount of product that you use and usually use too much, at that point it's easier to get a clean pad and keep going.

With that said, one other color I would add to the arsenal (if you want to try your hand at it) is a gold pad with Menz 4500 for jeweling. (Not going to get into a debate on jeweling definitions or rotary vs DA). Don't waste your time on a DD, but if you have a garage queen, you will enjoy the challenge and most likely the results. I only use it on my wife's 2010 Camaro SS (4 years old with 6K miles), and my 1975 corvette that I built from the ground up.

Sorry so long, but to highlight my point, get more of the orange and white. Lastly, you will need the same colors in smaller sizes for the tight spaces. I recommend 4". I use those on my PC. I keep my flex set up with 6.5".

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I would bring this thread back to life with a quick question regarding the size of the pad.

If my RO has a backing plate of 150mm, what size pads should I be going for?

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I would bring this thread back to life with a quick question regarding the size of the pad.

If my RO has a backing plate of 150mm, what size pads should I be going for?
    If my math is accurate 150 mm = approximately 6 inches so I would not go smaller than a 7 inch pad. 7 inches would allow you to have a half inch on each side of the backing plate to act as cushion against the edge of the pad

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if LC makes that size

Post Thanks / Like

Glad this was brought up again. That swirl remover & compound comparison chart is great. Helped me get a few things straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info here was going to ask about the yellow and green pads myself. So a green would be best for an AIO right?, but you could also just use white pad for that aswell ive seen.

Post Thanks / Like

So 6.5 inch pads will work well?

Post Thanks / Like

So 6.5 inch pads will work well?
    6in backing plate will use a 6.5 pad yes.

Most people say a 5.5pad with 5in backing plate, is just easier to use in most situations.

Post Thanks / Like

Due to the backing plate on my machine being 150mm (6 inches) then I cannot attach a smaller size pad, being the 5.5 inch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast