autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845 at Advance Auto Parts

I'm getting my winter prep lined-up & was looking for a good price on 845, everyone's about the same price plus shipping and Advance Auto was $17.49 plus sales tax. About 10 minutes later an ad popped up offering a 20% discount on 845 at Advance Auto if I ordered on-line and picked it up locally.

The discount code is P20 & I have no idea how long it's good for .... or if it's even good at all because it may have been offered to me on a one-time deal. Anyway, I paid $13.99 plus tax and I couldn't touch that price anywhere.

If you have an Advance Auto nearby it might be worth dropping one in the shopping cart online and seeing if the discount works at checkout.

Good luck with that

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.

That's crazy cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    Found it on Ebay w/ free shipping and you get an applicator and mf towel for free with it, just put Collinite in the search. Its good to know that such a superior product is available there, also available at Marine West too!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite 845 at Advance Auto Parts

It's really nice to be able to pick it up from Advance. One thing I have found is that not all of the local Advance stores order and carry it. I did pick up the last 476 that one store by me had yesterday! Between the 845 and 476, I'm stocked up for the winter! I have also seen the Collinite arsenal at West Marine, but it's $5-10 more per container.

Post Thanks / Like

Frustrating to look for a product made so close to home & can't find a really good drive-by brick 'n mortar buy or internet sale price like I found for DG products at Fred's Off Road store. Even the marina's don't have better prices than auto parts stores so the 20% off was a great buy locally.

Klasse: I saw the free shipping deal on eBay but had no interest in the free applicator & towel, those are non-value added items in my opinion.....just sell me the 845

Post Thanks / Like
    I found it at the advance auto by my house for 10.99! I had already bought it through AG but for so cheap I picked up another bottle!
    Dave Bulgrin's Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using #476 for the last 7 - 10 years but I decided to try 845. After reading the definitive how-to guide fore using 845 I knew what to expect. It was thick as can be & impossible to shake because there's no room in a full bottle to "slosh" around.

I left it on the dash board of the car for the afternoon & found it much thinner, a little shaking got rid of the plug of product caught in the neck of the bottle & it's ready to go.

Out of curiosity I may do half the hood in 476 & half in 845 just to see if there's any difference in durability. 476 always makes it through a typical Western NY winter so let the best product win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NYV6Coupe View Post
    I've been using #476 for the last 7 - 10 years but I decided to try 845. After reading the definitive how-to guide fore using 845 I knew what to expect. It was thick as can be & impossible to shake because there's no room in a full bottle to "slosh" around.

I left it on the dash board of the car for the afternoon & found it much thinner, a little shaking got rid of the plug of product caught in the neck of the bottle & it's ready to go.

Out of curiosity I may do half the hood in 476 & half in 845 just to see if there's any difference in durability. 476 always makes it through a typical Western NY winter so let the best product win.
    OK a couple of things...I think Nick had a thread about this...the dashboard or pot of warm water work, but you can also just push the plug down with a (clean) screwdriver and then shake the bejeesus out of it, it will liquefy after a few minutes (and it's good cardiovascular exercise as well!).

Also, by Collinite's own admission 845 will not last as long as 476 (or even 915), but it kind of makes up for that in ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the how-to thread I was referring to: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ndary-wax.html

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year in northern climates Collinite is the wax to use. I have OptiCoat 2.0 on my Versa and I'm still planning on throwing a coat of 845 on it just in case.
    My Versa probably looks better than yours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast