autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question for AIO

I'm still new to detailing and have started experimenting with griot's one step sealant and a polishing pad with a HF d.a. I've had decent results with it but my question is can you use an AIO on the plastic lenses or exterior glass? Seems to make since that it would work but I wanted some opinions before I tried it. If there's already a thread then I apologise.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question for AIO

You can use Groits garage All in one sealant on your glass as for head lights if yours are fine and don't have hazing don't use a all in one sealant on them because the abrasives in the sealant will allow your headlights to start hazing or speed up the process of your headlight hazing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    You can use Groits garage All in one sealant on your glass as for head lights if yours are fine and don't have hazing don't use a all in one sealant on them because the abrasives in the sealant will allow your headlights to start hazing or speed up the process of your headlight hazing
    If you have unclouded headlights then a traditional sealant would be a better choice. If your headlights already have light hazing an AIO won't induce any further hazing, it's an ultra fine polish that would do the exact opposite. You would be removing the hazing while adding UV protection to prevent any further break down. I've use XMT360, D151, and M205 to rehab scratched/swirled out tail lights and plastic lenses on a regular basis without issue. As long as you stick with a polishing pad you should be just fine, tape off a test spot on a tail light and you'll be amazed how good they look after a light polishing.

AIO's on glass seem to be hit or miss. They all seem to bead water and make cleaning a lot easier but sometimes they can cause wiper chatter. I experimented and used the XMT360 on both my car and truck recently, one had wiper chatter and one didn't (both had new clean blades of the same make), I think aerodynamics may play a big factor in wiper noise. Apply a coat and see what happens, you might like it or you might get to place a new order and play with some new glass coatings. It's a win/win if you ask me

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. So I probably wont use the AIO on the head lights then because at the moment they are in pretty good shape. If using an abrasive on the lenses in the future will make them more likely to haze back up quicker than do you recommend using a dedicated plastic sealer such as 3m's plastic sealer or is a good wax or sealer that dries clear, such as Griots spray wax or paint sealer ok to use?

Post Thanks / Like

and while we're on the topic, what are some good AIO's when considering results vs. value? The Griot's one-step is the only one I've tried so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    and while we're on the topic, what are some good AIO's when considering results vs. value? The Griot's one-step is the only one I've tried so far.
    klassie aio have good results for the price

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    Thanks for the replies. So I probably wont use the AIO on the head lights then because at the moment they are in pretty good shape. If using an abrasive on the lenses in the future will make them more likely to haze back up quicker than do you recommend using a dedicated plastic sealer such as 3m's plastic sealer or is a good wax or sealer that dries clear, such as Griots spray wax or paint sealer ok to use?
    Groits spray wax is good to use on your head lights

Post Thanks / Like

Any wax will protect the headlights but obviously a sealant or a coating would last longer.

I use several AIO's. Klasse AIO works great to chemically clean paint that is in good shape and a little goes a LONG way (just like the Klasse HGS)
    XMT360 is great when the paint just needs a light polish. It will disappear into the paint and requires only a light buffing after working it in. Get it when it's on bogo or on sale and it's an even better deal.
    Meguiars D151 paint reconditioning cream- I use this when I'm looking to remove light scratches and swirls. Has slightly more cut than M205 and gives 2-3 months of protection. Just like XMT360 it disappears as you polish. Only downside is it's only available by the gallon but you can't beat it as far as cost per use, very economical

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    klassie aio have good results for the price
    and Klasse Sealant, best one two punch for the money, also it goes along way the 160z is perfect size.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

AIO will leave hazing on a clear headlight? ### where do you guys get that from??? If anything the aio will make the headlight look better, not worse. Haze or no haze an aio is fine on headlights. Besides, most aio contain almost no abrasives, and if there are any, they do barely anything, it's mostly chemical cleaners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast