autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How often is too much for waxing.?

Before waxing or sealing,

Claying, though maybe not to the same degree as polishing, must also remove the some of the grime embedded in previous layers of wax. Yes/No?

Thanks and be well........elliot

Post Thanks / Like
    Once....said goodbye to waxes a long time ago.

Got tired of the dust...which defeats the whole purpose of paint maintenance.

Got tired of the frequency...wax on, wax off gets old fast.

Got tired of the myth... (that only carnauba gives you a deep, wet, warm look)
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You can wax as regularly as you like, it wont hurt the paint.

Simply more item spent, so more expense.

The other factor is the more you contact the paint, the more you hazard whirls... you would have likely seen at this point on the off chance that you appeared to cause any or not.

Except if you were in a truly cruel climate, a shower wax would positively most recent seven days.

You could presumably wax once per month with the fluid/glue, and afterward splash wax every week, and get similar outcomes. On the off chance that you would appreciate it so much or not is up to you.

What's more, by chance, D301 is a cleaner/wax, if that is important to you.

For the most part, you ought to get waxed each two to about a month after your first arrangement. This aides eliminate the hair that was developing under the skin at your last arrangement. From that point onward, how routinely you ought to get waxed relies upon how perceptible the hair is, the amount it pesters you, and your spending plan.

Post Thanks / Like

It also all depends on where you are. I’m in Florida and with the heat there’s no way anybody waxes anymore, the stuff only lasts a month or two no matter what kind of wax, and everybody here has moved to sealants. Find another hobby, seal your car every quarter, and wash it with a gentle wash when it’s dirty. If you feel you have to do something to your car, learn how to use a quality detailer and high-quality microfibers after a gentle 2 bucket hand wash.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Well I’m in Florida and use a hybrid wax, Fuzion It lasts me three to four months. That said, my car isn’t outside 24/7.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

This topic bring back memories. My first new car, '84 Honda Accord, I used as a "road sales rep". I'd drive 1,500 miles a week, when I got home I'd scrape all the bugs off the front and put another coat of NuFinish on it. I'd start every week with a clean and shiny vehicle. in the 4 years (150K miles) I had it, I experienced no "thin paint".

Post Thanks / Like

My only comment... Even when using a cleaner wax, if it is done often and over a long period of time, there are some minor risks associated to sharp edges and body lines. Be careful with the amount of pressure used around these features. Other than that, you could probably wax it everyday for a long, long time without issue.

I had a friend who thinned the paint on many edges of his 1972 Corvette by simply using AIOs carelessly, and all of this was done by hand over a period of time. Corvette's from that era had a lot of pretty sharp edges, primarily the fender peaks and the wheel wells, and wearing through the paint on those edges was quite common.

My point is this... Use a little common-sense around the edges and you'll be fine.

8. Likes hoyt66, obguam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just use a pray wax every 3 weeks.. Twice a year ill use a cleaner wax. Next time im going to get some 3d all in one because i do have some fine scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matdavidson View Post
    For the most part, you ought to get waxed each two to about a month after your first arrangement. This aides eliminate the hair that was developing under the skin at your last arrangement. From that point onward, how routinely you ought to get waxed relies upon how perceptible the hair is, the amount it pesters you, and your spending plan.
    Is anyone reading this far? Maybe I’m missing an analogy, but I feel there was a switcharoo to skin-hair care and it’s cracking me up, lol.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Is anyone reading this far? Maybe I’m missing an analogy, but I feel there was a switcharoo to skin-hair care and it’s cracking me up, lol.
    Oh, I'm with you ... except maybe I was thinking of something a little "dirtier" ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12