autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake country hybrid vs Hydrotech pads performance difference?

How do these pads line compares in regards to cut and finishing ability?
    I know I love the Hydrotech line and was wondering if the hybrid line would have any benefit over it when used with a non forced rotation da.
    High End Polishing (facebook) (blog)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake country hybrid vs Hydrotech pads performance difference?

As mike Phillips has addressed his concerns with the thickness of the pad design benefiting one machine to another, I would also use the thinner style pad for a traditional DA and the thicker pad design for a forced rotation machine.

With that being said if you are going to be using a traditional DA I would pick up the thin hydrotech pads as less energy is lost through the thinner pad design and more energy is put to work.

I love both of these pad lines but I use the hydrotechs on my G110v2 and the hybrids on my 3401.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

The easiest way to describe the Hybrid pads is to say they're Hydro-Tech pads on steroids. That's my way, anyway.

Hybrid pads build upon the superb cutting and finishing ability of Hydro-Tech pads and take it a step further; Hybrid pads cut more while maintaining a finish that's as good or better than a comparable Hydro-Tech pad.

I think Mike will agree when I say that we pretty much use Hybrid pads exclusively on the 3401; they simply outperform other foam pads and, thanks to their unique design (45 degree beveled edge), they are smoother than any other foam pad on the 3401.

Mercedes-Benz E350 vs. 1Z, Flex & Blackfire

I was on a roll with the German theme; German car, German wax, and a little bit of German in my bloodstream, so I had to choose my polisher accordingly. I most definitely wasn't going to apply 1Z Polish Wax by hand, so the Flex XC3401 - often referred to as the Mercedes-Benz of dual action polishers - was a no brainer for this detail. I equipped a 3401 with the 4" backing plate from the Changeable Backing Plate System, slapped on a 5" Hybrid Power Finish White Polishing Pad and didn't waste any time.

The 5" Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Foam Pads are self-centering on the 4" backing plate from the Changeable Backing Plate System.

The Flex XC3401 equipped with a 5" Hybrid Power Finish White Polishing Pad can only be described as heavenly. There was much concern as to how well the 3401 would handle such a small pad, but with Lake Country's innovative 45 degree beveled edge design of the Hybrid Power Finish Pads and the ridiculously smooth nature of the 3401, they make a perfect combination for effortless machine polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick, would your opinion still hold when thinking about it being used on a free spindle DA like a g110v2?
    High End Polishing (facebook) (blog)

Post Thanks / Like

What has more cut on a Griots DA, the orange hybrid or the LC MF pad?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaC View Post
    Nick, would your opinion still hold when thinking about it being used on a free spindle DA like a g110v2?
    For a G110v2 I would stick with 5.5" Hydro-Tech pads, reason being is they are thin. For a conventional DA polisher that features a free-floating spindle bearing assembly (G110v2, 7424xp, Griot's 6 Inch, etc), thin pads work best.