autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Made first purchase, looking for opinions

Hey all - Been lurking for a little bit now, and finally registered and placed my first order. Had a lapse in judgement, and washed my car with a dirty wash brush - scratched the heck out of everything (clear coat, nothing through). Pretty much looks like your average swirls, but all in a straight line.

I've always been pretty thorough with keeping on top of car care. Always bucket wash, clay, and do a 2-3 step wax by hand. Time to step it up! Just looking for an opinion on what I've picked up, and wondering if there is anything that I am missing?

PC 7424xp
    LC 5.5" CCS pads (2 orange, 2 white, 2 blue) - I actually bought a kit, so it comes with the 5" backign plate, pad cleaner and primer
    (2) Micro-Chenille mitts (one black for wheels, one grey for car)
    Sonax Wheel cleaner
    Daytona wheel brush
    (2) grit guards
    Menzerna PG (S34A), PF (PO203) and SF (PO106FA)

I'm not sure if the PF and the SF overlap too much? Also looking for recommendations for a sealant to use. Should i get something like Power Lock, Wolfgang 3.0, or just use some of the Mothers Carnuba I've got in the garage?

The vehicle is a black 2007 Infiniti G35. Here are a couple pics to show you the horrors.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if infinity has a self healing clear coat or not. But the other day I had a Nissan murano and it was freaking hard to buff out swirl marks. I actually had to do dobble job on using rotary buffer with swirl remover and after that used orbital flex with swirl remover to remove the rotary swirls. Then did the third final buff and meg #7 show car glaze then carnauba wax 2 times turned out fine but not what I expected. The customer liked it but I did not.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Made first purchase, looking for opinions

I don't believe they did until the G37 a couple years newer. Sure doesn't seem to be self healing if you ask me. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that paints pretty bad, you may need a yellow ccs pad, or an MF pad. Those scratches may be a little much for the orange pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have your work cut out for you, post results. Good luck

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Being that this will be my very first attempt at polishing, can this even be done with the stuff I bought? I expect this will take some time (probably a couple of days), but if I should have something else on hand (like more aggressive pads like mentioned). I actually have a credit here to use, so I'm open to any ideas. I will certainly do a test spot to see the results, and maybe the only answer is to post up here after I have those results? My PC should be here on Tuesday

Post Thanks / Like
    I kinda had the same probably with my Infiniti Q45 its (a lite green) I would go with some m101 just to get more cut but I'm not professional

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna Power Lock is a professional line, I have and like it a lot.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am getting menzerna for my self too. Heard its better then 3m perfect it line. So I'll try

Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone here says do a test spot first with PO203 and if that doesn't work then try the S34A. PO106FA for final polishing. I have seen guys here use M205 which has less cut then 203 or 34 remove really bad swirls. Least aggressive is what Mike would say. Also any of the sealants you mentioned will last a lot longer than the wax and would look really good on black.