autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help w/ prices (new)

NOTE dont nock all the formatting mistakes, didnt realize it looked this way till I posted it. and all the code makes it hard for me to edit.

Alright, I honestly didn’t think I was ready for this yet, HOWEVER.... I have had a few people ask me about working on their vehicles after seeing the pics of my car and the Harley I have done. Unfortunately they also want me to work for almost nothing. ***TANGENT ALERT*** I find it amazing that people think a "Detail" should cost as much as a swirlomatic where someone vacuums your car real fast. Even before I became interested in all of this, I knew the difference. **TANGENT OVER*** What I have done is to use a nice detail shop in my town and a shop near where I work (60 mile difference links located at the bottom will not be part of my actual sheet, just for you guys to see what Im using).

I do not have the ability to carry water or power. I was trying to think of a better way to say the statement below. I tried to go a little better than local for my low package and a little less than the wash and wax package of the other. Ill have notes by stuff in blue that I think are the added value of my packages. So please till me what you think:

TRIUMPHANT DETAIL Where every project is a triumph of beauty! (or something like that)
    I do not have a water and power mobile unit. By using your water (for most applications less than 10 gallons unless full wash is required) and power I can keep our cost down.
    Please compare my packages to the competition you will note that my lowest wash package includes more services and is priced right in the middle with more services than their lowest but a little less than the next up.

Express: $35.00 (20 mile radius of Mineral Wells only)
    *Express Hand Wash (Removes light exterior dirt and debris)
    Wheel Air/Dry and Micro Fiber (Powerful air hose to remove water from wheels)
    Forced Air/ Chamois Dry ( Removes water/ then chamois or Micro Fiber towel dry to prevent water spots)
    Carnauba Spray Wax (Gives you that warm shiny look and protection of the elements) [Not any that I know of around here do this at this price point ]
    Clean Windows (Windows are completely cleaned inside and out)
    Interior Wipe (dressing applied to dash/seats/ console area)
    Tire Dressing/Shine (Choice of Glossy shine or Matte Dressing applied to dash or tires)
    Interior Vacuum (Floor, Floor Mat & Seat Vacuum)
    *If automobile has heavy or extreme dirt/mud there will be a $15.00 surcharge for power wash and full two bucket hand wash)

Basic Plus: $85.00 (My Basic Plus is the only package at this price pint to include paint cleaning before any wax) [this I could not find till the 100+ range of services for this area]
    *Express Hand Wash (Removes light exterior dirt and debris)
    Wheel force Air/Dry (Forced air to remove water from wheels)
    Forced Air/ Chamois Dry ( removes water/ then chamois dry to prevent water spots)
    Clean Windows (Windows are completely cleaned inside and out)
    Wheel/ Housing Detail Tires (Remove brake dust and settled grime inside wheel well and wheels, apply tire dressing)
    Front Fascia (detail of vehicle's front-end removing minor tar and bug spots)
    Machine /chemical surface clean (Regular washing cannot remove all of the contaminants that can dull your paint finish. This non-abrasive paint cleaner safely removes road grime, surface contamination, light oxidation, swirls, and light scratches to restore damaged and dull finishes. [ Will be megs paint cleaner applied with MF bonnette on a hand held orbital, No clay at this price for sure]
    Optimum Spray Wax (polymer/carnauba system that provides up to five months of protection. It is also the only spray wax with a patented UV protection system that contains UVA and UVB inhibitors that protect your vehicle's paint from the sun's harmful rays.) [A step up from mothers carnuba spray]
    *If automobile has heavy or extreme dirt/mud there will be a $15.00 surcharge for power wash and full two bucket hand wash)

These are the two websites I used for now. I stopped with the two packages at this point to get pointers before I go on. I also plan to change up how it reads a bit so the other place does not see I lifted their menue. Hey if you guys from Performance in MW are on here,, I mean no bad vibes. Just trying to make some side cash.
    http://www.performancedetails.com/shop-services.html
    http://www.mydetailguys.com/Interior-Detail.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help w/ prices (new)

So you're going to apply the cleaner wax without a DA? You're using an old school wax spreader? I really don't know if that thing will do much, if anything. Do you have a harbor freight near you? You can get a DA with a coupon for like $50. Might improve the pre wax cleaner job you offer.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

$35 is way to cheap your not making any money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    $35 is way to cheap your not making any money.
    Did you see the local guys page? a 20 dollar basic wash and clean out. I know they up-sell, but man. Ok I was hoping you might elaborate on your reply. I am working from scratch. I figured since I dont have the water and power with me it was ok. This is why I am asking. what do you think my competitive charge should be? the upscale place starts interiors at 80 alone. I dont have all the special equipment either. some sprays, tough stuff, lexol and the wet vac are it unless the old cheap Bissille carpet cleaner is still worth using.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    So you're going to apply the cleaner wax without a DA? You're using an old school wax spreader? I really don't know if that thing will do much, if anything. Do you have a harbor freight near you? You can get a DA with a coupon for like $50. Might improve the pre wax cleaner job you offer.
    I have a DA and might use a black pad. but I figured (have not tested yet) the wax spreader would be fine for a pre-cleaner NOT a cleaning wax. (IE: Megs Deep crystal step 1 cleaner) if it has the foam pad and then a MF over it plus Im only using spray wax and no clay. espically at the price. I guess the da would be faster though wouldn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I am actually hoping for a bit more in the way of You shold do this or mayvbe say that . Telling me im not charging enough, Ok cool, but I do have to draw from people expecting a 20 buck wash like the guy down the street. ( I wonder how many they upsell to a higher pkg when they come in.) Most vehicals in this town are beat and trucks. A a blind guess, the OCD car owner is probably around 10% just from looking at the conditions of what I see daily. There is a smaller population that is very select that has some truly beautiful hot rods and classics. I have not met that crowd yet. My neighbor is a old Packard guy. He has at least 2 that I know of. He is also very hard to have a conversation with,, but he will talk about the car all day long.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you from Beamers? That might matter in all of this.
    In my opinion, rather than trying to beat that low baller down the street, make a name for yourself and charge what you're worth. If you aren't making money you won't do it for very long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    Where are you from Beamers? That might matter in all of this.
    In my opinion, rather than trying to beat that low baller down the street, make a name for yourself and charge what you're worth. If you aren't making money you won't do it for very long.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I live 45mi W Of Ft. WORTH IN aTOWN (oops) called. Mineral Wells.roughly 17000 people 60 to 70% at or below the poverty line. I work ln Ft. Worth. I have a few feelers from people who live over there. But as I show on that 2nd link there is a mobile high end company near there. I would ask u to look over each link and u will see what I am trying to find a happy medium w/ yet not under sell myself. Also- how do I word my statement to say that I will have to use their pwr and water? I do stress the no rinse at usually no more than 2 to 4 gallons.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you might have a problem with the water.

1. alot of people dont have access to an outside/garage spigot.
    2. alot of people dont have a "wash tub".

So you are asking the customer to walk into the house and fill up at least 2 buckets in the sink they use to wash their food/dishes. Im not saying your buckets are filthy on the bottom, but you get the impression. The other option is to use the bath tub.

Is it really impossible to have a 5 gallon jug in the back seat or something? It would be dirt cheap to fill that bad boy up with distilled/filtered water at the local store in-between washes and use it as a sales pitch. If they are paying to have a car washed im sure they would love to not be using city/mineral well water. That and most outside spigots are not ran through the water softener. Thats going to make your rinse look alot better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast