autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of trying Chemical Guys products

What would be a typical "one size fits all" combo from chemical guys as far as a wash/polish/glaze/seal package?
    V36/38 then jet seal?

I have one black car (minor swirling) and one silver one so I try to stick to products that will work well with both light and dark colors.

I heard CG is very responsive to emails so I sent them an email (twice) but got no reply. Suppose they have been busy - it was over the 4th...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking of trying Chemical Guys products

Can't say for polishes but Blacklight/V7 is a very good combo. Blacklight is kind of an all in one polish, glaze, sealant, v7 is a great spray sealant, quick detailer, etc...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still very new to this detailing hobby, but I have purchased a few of CG's products. I like all of them especially the V7, the only product I don't like is the glass cleaner I got, they say its streak free but sometimes I do get streaks, not sure if this is due to the MF or my technique but its a little annoying. But other than that I really have enjoyed using CG products and their YouTube videos are great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blinkstafoo182 View Post
    I am still very new to this detailing hobby, but I have purchased a few of CG's products. I like all of them especially the V7, the only product I don't like is the glass cleaner I got, they say its streak free but sometimes I do get streaks, not sure if this is due to the MF or my technique but its a little annoying. But other than that I really have enjoyed using CG products and their YouTube videos are great.
    Are you using it in the sun, heat or when the car is hot? Glass cleaners I feel are very touchy when conditions aren't right.

Post Thanks / Like

the chemical guys glass cleaners arent the best imo and others will probably agree.

As far as other products go, their polishes work great, and they offer a sampler pack of their polishes for only $20.

But the real question is do you have a DA polisher?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    the chemical guys glass cleaners arent the best imo and others will probably agree.

As far as other products go, their polishes work great, and they offer a sampler pack of their polishes for only $20.

But the real question is do you have a DA polisher?
    I love cg glassworks optical glass cleaner. It's concentrated. I found a 1:4 ratio work best. Never any issues that way for me.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention - I do have a (Griot's) DA polisher with orange (polishing) and red (finishing) pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the glass cleaner is sub par, go with Stoner's it's the best, it's what my window tint guy has been using for years too, he turned me onto it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical guys products are great value, but very gimmicky.

No need for 10 different window cleaners, or rim cleaners.

I swear by them tho, just do research and don't get sucked into the trap.

They also smell good.

Post Thanks / Like

CG really make great products. You have to do your research and not get sucked into you need this too. They have a lot of multi use prodcuts you just have to read between the lines. I would buy the V series polish sample pack for $20 it's a no brainer.
    The stuff I always go back to VRP, M-Seal, Pete's 53, 50/50. Citrus Wash and Gloss, Diablo or Sticky Wheel Gel. I think I prefer sticky wheel gel over Diablo for daily cleaning. Neither can cut really bad wheels. Foam pad cleaner works well never had a pad it could not clean. MF wash is awesome. Black optics and Hex-Logic are my pads to use. There MF towels are really nice quality. Wait for them to go on sale and you can get nice towels for $3 a pop. They are not $3 towels more like $8 towels. I bough $3 towels from AG on "special" nothing special and the quality was a $3 towel. Lucky me I needed interior towels. So now my good CG's go to paint.
    (Car Pro sells the Black Optics pads cheaper then CG. While we are on Car Pro ditch the glass cleaner and buy Car Pro fast glass towels.)

I never have an issue with CS. I always call it's easier to get in touch with them. I would give you my CSR email address but I can't have you guys blowing up her in box.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast