autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Insert here all the bad words you Know.....

My car got backed into today. Prolly will need a new rear quarterpanel and repaint on the rear bumper.

16 months and not a single door ding. I walk from the end of the parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    A door ding is one of an "A-Geeks" constant fears. Can't even imagine a whole bumper and quarterpanel. Sorry it happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks! I hope tomorrows a better day for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it was an "accident", and Stuff happens, but I have hand washed this black SC430 at least twice a week for 16 months. This guy couldn't wait around to give insurance info--Mr. Important on the way to the airport in a rental. I have his name and number, but he lives in Michigan. I had to just turn it over to my insurance and eat the $500 deductible. Now the the job of making the body shop do it right--no "blending the bumper" BS.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks man I fear that all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how you feel.

I got my first brand new car, a White (w/ Metalic Flakes) 07 Mazda3 GT w/ luxury package.

And 3 hours later, I got rear ended.... (Very bad street, the tree coverage on the side blocks all pedestrians unless they are standing on the curb, front person in the curb lane is turning right w/ signal light on and coming to a stop... person in center lane in front of me slams on their brakes in front of me when they realize theres a pedestrian there (don't know how they knew or if they were just being cautious) so I was forced to slam on my brakes, the person behind me was on a cellphone and not looking forward...smash)

Sucks big time.... I now have to wait to polish out the spider webs and wax the car...

Plus the bumper has minor imperfections... they somehow got 2 pieces of black fuzz under the clearcoat coupled with a couple of 'bumps'. You have to be looking at it from 1 foot away to see them though so whatever.... Anyone know if these will polish out though??

Also there were 'stress cracks' at the top corners of the rear trunk and one side flaked off AFTER I had the bumper fixed... (insert swear word)... But it happened while the car was at the dealer getting a spoiler installed.. So they called over the people who fixed the bumper to check it out and I'm now taking it in to them tommorrow to get the stress cracks repainted..... Damnit I hope they do it properly!!!

The side reflector has also fallen off, and they mounted the license plate by screwing holes through the plastic instead of putting those rubber grommets/screws in (the license plate is up against the paint now and I'm guessing will eventually scratch the paint so I'm going to install the rubber grommets myself or get them to do it when I have to go back.....)

Siht happens...

So what do you veterans think? Should I wax the newly painted bumper/stress crack areas or do I have to wait?

Should I polish/wax the rest of the car or just wait 30 days (or is it 60? or what?) before doing the entire car?

Post Thanks / Like
    they smashed your new car.....make their insurance pay for a brand new bumper.
    THE CAR WAS BRAND NEW! 3 hours! They should be paying for a brand new bumper that was painted by mazda. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    How about you call my ext in the morning and I will personally take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wytstang
    That sucks man I fear that all the time.
    BTW--Megs#16 did not protect me from the Budget Rental Gray Dodge Charger! Even with a base coat of Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks. I know how you feel. Some guy ran a red last month and really messed up my fender and some of my bumper. Just took it to the shop today rentals suck =(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Forced
    That sucks. I know how you feel. Some guy ran a red last month and really messed up my fender and some of my bumper. Just took it to the shop today rentals suck =(
    Right--rentals suck. I did not want to pay to upgrade so I am in a Checvy Aveo. Orange. Nothing wrong with that, and after about two hours, the A/C is starting to make the car somewhat comfortable.

It is unbelievably swirled and I am contemplating taking the rotary to the hood just for fun. Anybody want to come over and practice wet-sanding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast