autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend products for swirl removal on 2008 Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda Civic using DA buffer?

I'm used to DAT polishes and have been primarily using Menz PF2500/203S or SF4000 on Hondas. I recently started using SONAX Perfect Finish 4/6 and I think it may replace the Menz polishes for me on soft paints - more cut than SF4000/106FA but finishes just as well. I usually use Buff & Shine green or black pads.
    Friends who are more comfortable with SMAT polishes than I am get good results with Meguiars M205 on Hondas.
    I have also heard positive comments from people I trust about Scholl Concepts S20 Blue and Dodo Juice Supernatural Micro Prime on soft paints but I have not personally used these or seen the results. I just got some Micro Prime but haven't used it yet. I'm sure I'll buy S20 Blue when it is available in the USA as I like S3 Gold, S17+ and S40 from Scholl.

Edit: Forgot the towels part - I've had the best luck with PakShak but the Korean towels from MicroFiberTech are also very good. I also can recommend the Autofiber Zero Edge towels and Zero Cuff wash mitt that MicrofiberTech sells (Auto Detailing Solutions also carries them). I hear very good things about Poorboys DMT towels but haven't used them. I'm sure the Microfiber Madness towels are excellent or CarPro US wouldn't be carrying them but they are definitely not cheap. I'm sort of a MF towel junky, although not as bad as Cooter, and these are what have liked best out of dozens of different towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend products for swirl removal on 2008 Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda Civic using DA buffer?

I recently worked on an Acura RL with soft paint. I did a 1 step with Duragloss 501 and a white pad with great results. I have also used Sonax Paint cleaner with a black LC flat pad with good results on a Lexus. I also add a little Optimum no rinse to my wash solution. Hope that helps.
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to add to my previous post. The AIO's I used didn't give the 100% correction you might be after but they made a huge difference with just using 1 step.
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you SanmerDetailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this Nighthawk Black TL I did a while back.

2010 Acura TL Nighthawk Black Pearl - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

You can compare how bad your swirls are to the TL. If you only have light swirls, I would suggest something like m205 or HD polish and a tangerine polishing pad or white LC pad to get the job done.

Edit- Forgot about the towels also. I used Pakshak silver surfers for all compound and polish removal. I then used MFT's blue 530 gsm towels for sealant removal.

Post Thanks / Like

stay away from Orange Pad and UC. did my Black Accord and it left micro marring where you can only see in Sunlight. i kinda have a feeling that i was cutting too much but i wanted to get a few scratches out. so micro marring was left over the whole front hood. can be easily removed but shouldn't have been there if i used something less aggressive. be very gentle with this color and work your way up. test spot and patient.
    •Kevin
    UC - M205 - SF4500 - BFWD - BFMS

Post Thanks / Like

Gald I read this, I have a black fit. so ill be chiming in more myself with questions later.

Post Thanks / Like

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J504 View Post
    Check out this Nighthawk Black TL I did a while back.

2010 Acura TL Nighthawk Black Pearl - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

You can compare how bad your swirls are to the TL. If you only have light swirls, I would suggest something like m205 or HD polish and a tangerine polishing pad or white LC pad to get the job done.

Edit- Forgot about the towels also. I used Pakshak silver surfers for all compound and polish removal. I then used MFT's blue 530 gsm towels for sealant removal.
    I believe the 2010 TL is Crystal Black Pearl.
    I have 2012 CBP TL and just got the LC MF pads and would love to hear you thought on them on how they finished.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c8n View Post
    I believe the 2010 TL is Crystal Black Pearl.
    I have 2012 CBP TL and just got the LC MF pads and would love to hear you thought on them on how they finished.
    Thanks for the clarification. I will be doing a black 8th gen civic soon. I'll be sure to compare the difference between them. In regards to the MF pads, The LC left barely any haze,while the Meg's MF pads left a noticeable amount. But as a trade off, the MEgs cut a LOT faster than the LC pad. However, both should be followed up with a finishing polish anyways, which will easily clear up the haze from the Meg's pad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast