autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there special towels just for cleaning glass and do any of you use a squeegee?

I tried different microfiber towels and they were junk for glass. I ended up using a dish towel. It was the kind that didn't have lint. I don't know what you call it, not like a bath towel.

Is there a special kind of towel for glass? I'm ready to start using old t-shirts. There's always some streak or smudge you can see later that when the light hits the windshield just right.

What about a squeegee on the outside window? I've cleaned my glass at a gas station many times and never had a streak, but that was before even being interested in detailing. Inside might be different, cover the dash with a towel, I don't know.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are there special towels just for cleaning glass and do any of you use a squeegee?

Yes there is.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99FDzZrzjnY]How to Get Streak Free Mirrors, Glass, and Windows - YouTube[/video]

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are there special towels just for cleaning glass and do any of you use a squeegee?

What about medical rags?

edit: I think they are called surgical towels .

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. You may want to check out my review of the CarPro FastGlass towel.

Link: Product Review: CarPro Fast Glass Towel

Post Thanks / Like

They are called "Surigical Hucks"
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Yes. You may want to check out my review of the CarPro FastGlass towel.

Link: Product Review: CarPro Fast Glass Towel

I was looking for your review but you beat me to it.

These towels are great but now I have to figure what to do with all the glass cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Cobra waffle weave towels with Megs D120!! Works great!!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought these about a month back and they are already starting to fray at the corners I don't think it will be long before they begin to completely fall apart. Otherwise they do a decent job cleaning the glass. Just poorly made.

The Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel cleans & buffs glass to crystal clarity with the soft texture of genuine Cobra microfiber.
    2013 Nissan Sentra SL (Arctic White)
    2013 Nissan Altima S (Metallic Grey)
    2012 Toyota Corolla S 5 speed (White)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mpkav View Post
    +1 I use the same exact products and they work great. I also want to add D120 is very economical, 11 gallons of window cleaner with $20 worth of gallon concentrate. After cleaning with window mf, follow up with a long nap mf to buff off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    +1 I use the same exact products and they work great. I also want to add D120 is very economical, 11 gallons of window cleaner with $20 worth of gallon concentrate. After cleaning with window mf, follow up with a long nap mf to buff off.

Quote Originally Posted by mpkav View Post
    +1 Im totally impressed with most of Meguiars Detailers line of products, especially this glass cleaner. Only recently came across it and my glass has never looked better. Have even started using it around the house

I tend to wipe the glass with a normal microfiber towel first to remove most of the dirt or whatever is on the glass. And then finish off with a Sonax glass towel. Leaves a perfect streak free finish.

The problem with the towels can be due to the fact that the glass cleaner is strong chemical and therefore after cleaning the glass I immediately put the towels in a bucket of water and later wash it the same day (i follow this with every other chemical as I've lost a few towels). This has made my glass towels last longer. Also since I use two towels, most of the cleaner doesnt come in contact with the glass towel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast