autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help with new Ducati paint

Hi everyone I have a new Ducati motorcycle that I need a little help with. Its only a week old but i decided to give her a wash yesterday. Dried her off with leaf blower and wiped her down with some DG aqua. Thought she looked amazing in the garage. But wheeled out into the sun and started looking real close and noticed a lot of very fine scratches all over. Needless to say I wasnt very happy about it. I guess it came from dealer like that but I didnt notice at the time. They probably wipe the bikes down with a shop rag. So what I would like to know is what would be the best product to use to get rid of the scratches. I have looked at all the choices and there are many but I would like some recommendations. I'am guessing something with an ultra fine abrasive. As they are very fine scratches and hopefully come out easy. Oh and it is a very soft red paint non clear coated probably why it scratches so easy. Any and help would be much appreciated thanks for any replys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with new Ducati paint

Congrats on new ride ! Ducati s badass , some will chim in & help you out with the scratches .

Some pics would be handy also .

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sproke I hope so as I dont want to use anything thats to abrasive. Also has to be something I can do by hand as there are to many angles for a DA.

Super Member Detail-Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A few pictures might help?
    I suggest the least aggressive polish necessary to remove the scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're gonna be doing it by hand you might want to consider a glaze. Seeing as how you only have minor swirls this should mask any defects in your paint.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I dont have pictures. They are very fine scratches. Like if someone wiped it down with a dry towel. There is no defects with the paint just want to get the scratches out. I would like some suggestions on what to use. Glaze, polish, swirl remover and being non cleared dont want to use something thats going to remove to much paint. Thanks again for any replys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think something like blackfire gloss enhancing polish might work out well. It has zero abrasives and fills in minor swirls and can be applied by hand.

I know you can pick up a free sample too on all orders over $50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to your local Auto Shop, pep boys, autozone, oreily's etc. and get some Meguir's no. 7 (cheap and easy)

I would still use a quality applicator however.

Another option:
    You can also polish and seal the paint? I wonder if your paint it needs to be clayed, my guess probably.

Congrats btw! 👍

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DPK so you dont think i should use anything abrasive. Just a good polish and or glaze. I really dont want to mask or cover up the scratches. I want to get rid of them. I was looking at the BF clear finishing polish. any thoughts on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with using anything abrasive I just think a glaze will be easier if you're working by hand. But either way will work. There's lots of good polishes on autogeek to choose from. With good technique and a little bit of elbow grease I'm sure you'll get the results you're looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast