autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: xzilon what to use after applied

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Put some Collinite on it.

Or, if and when you get disappointed in the coating, prep the surface nicely and apply DP paint coating or Opti-Coat.
    LOL well played Sir.
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheesh. I didn't see this guy ask:

1. Is Xzilon any good?

2. Was I ripped off when I payed for Xzilon?

3. Should I remove Xzilon and replace it?

But, everyone thought to chime in and trash it. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's overpriced, but he just wanted to know what to top it with. However, it's probably no better / no worse than any other sealant.

So, to answer the OP's question, it seems Xzilon is closest to or is a polymer sealant - as is NXT. So, your best bet would to not use NXT, as it wouldn't make much sense to layer 2 different sealants, but to top it with a carnauba wax like Xzilon seems to recommend.

You would probably be best off with a non hybrid wax like P21S, a Bouncers or Dodo variant, or maybe even Souverän.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets @Poorboy'sWorld View Post
    Clay bar will remove the coating
    Thanks Pockets. Any recommendations other than using a clay bar? I have some little specs of what I think is tree sap mostly on the hatch at back. I parked near a maple tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladyq5 View Post
    Thanks Pockets. Any recommendations other than using a clay bar? I have some little specs of what I think is tree sap mostly on the hatch at back. I parked near a maple tree.
    Clay should remove those as well.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really glad that I read this thread as it was very educational in my current situation. I had Xzilon applied to my brand new car. I've been battling with the idea on weather I want to to a clay bar right away. Or to use prep polish or paint sealant with one of first few washes of the Spring. My car is only 4 month old and if most paint sealants can last 6-12 months. It sounds like I can hold off till Fall before getting too involved with anything more than the P21S that I've been using so far. Which I saw as a recommendation a few posts back on the forum. Although, when I do clay bar and reapply a paint coating. I am pretty sold on Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating V2 and Surface Coating. Either way, thank you to all that posted on this thread so many years ago, this was very enlightening.
    P21S Shampoo & Carnauba
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xzilon what to use after applied-20160207_173231-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Xzilon is a carbon based polymer nano protectant. I actually really like the stuff. Leaves a super glossy and super slick surface and is easy to apply.

Xzilon got a bad name from it being oversold at car dealerships for ridiculous prices. the product itself though is pretty good if you can find it will it last for years and years no you should get a good 6 to 12 months out of it though.

Another thing I really like about the xzilon is that it is voc-free and for some of us that are sensitive to chemicals applying sio2 based coatings can make some people have a hard time breathing because they stink so bad. Xzilon didn't smell bad at all and like i mentioned is VOC free.

You can top Xzilon with CarPro Gliss since Gliss too is a carbon based polymer coating.

I have found that Xzilon is easier to apply and is much slicker in feel compared to Gliss.

All and all a great product really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12