autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a Rinseless Wash for the 1st Time

Going into it, I was pretty skeptical, but after a day of rain, my Optima had some light dirt on it, so I figured I'd try ONR for the first time. I put 2 gallons of water in one bucket (perfect amount for this size car) and 1 oz of ONR. In a second bucket I had 2.5 gallons of water and a grit guard. Overall, I was impressed, all of the dirt was easily removed as my white drying towel stayed white. If you don't have access to a hose, have water restrictions, etc. ONR is definitely good, but personally there was one thing I didn't like. It took me twice as long as a traditional 2 bucket wash. With a traditional wash I find it much quicker because I don't need to stop and dry after each panel, but ONR does clean as well. I didn't touch the wheels or tires though. Here is the clean car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did a Rinseless Wash for the 1st Time

For me, much quicker and neater than a hose wash....I find a spot where my car is in the shade and I wash/wet the whole car with 8 sopping wet towels -1 per panel and then discard - forget the 2nd bucket, as you never go back to the wash bucket with a towel. This is known as the "Garry Dean method" who wrote it up on the sites a few years ago. Tthen I dry with a waffle weave...I can do my car in less than 10 min...in fact, I bought my new accord in November and it has never seen a hose....here's a job we did on my friends car posted on the Honda accord site:

A 15 min Blackfire mini-detail in a sports bar parking lot! - Drive Accord Honda Forums
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Ran out of ONR and tried the turtle wax equivalent over the weekend and was quite impressed. I used a little more than recommended because I was worried about lubricity but in the end the stuff worked very well. So if you're in a pinch and need a rinseless wash I highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car had light dirt couldn't you do waterless wash?

Just wondering. I used about 1 oz of waterless wash concentrate and 6 microfiber towels this morning also with light dirt.

Did a Rinseless Wash for the 1st Time-imageuploadedbyagonline1369080709-733469-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I'm debating doing a waterless, just a layer of dust over the car. I've never done a waterless though, primarily rinseless only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    If your car had light dirt couldn't you do waterless wash?

Just wondering. I used about 1 oz of waterless wash concentrate and 6 microfiber towels this morning also with light dirt.

Did a Rinseless Wash for the 1st Time-imageuploadedbyagonline1369080709-733469-jpg
    Yes, but the only waterless wash I have is Adam's which would cost more to do the whole car with. It's an awesome product, but I reserve it for door jambs and spot cleaning (bugs, bird droppings etc.).

Post Thanks / Like

For me I prefer the waterless and rinseless setups due to them being quicker and easier. We have no water restrictions and are on our own well, however its more the hassle of where the hoses are located around the farm. We have a ton of dust, so anywhere I can wash it will get dirty. I like to wash in the shop and generally will need it in there for something anyways. I hate a water mess if I can avoid it.

I'll pressure wash what is needed then do a rinseless wash. For light touchups I like waterless washes.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    Yes, but the only waterless wash I have is Adam's which would cost more to do the whole car with. It's an awesome product, but I reserve it for door jambs and spot cleaning (bugs, bird droppings etc.).
    I bought my Pinnacle 128 oz for $40 or $50 forgot, came with the bottle bottle too. I just woke up and clicked buy now lol.

I washed my car on Friday and decided to go give it a quick Waterless wash this morning.

The car looks great and do not care about how much I used because of how great it is.

My waterless car washes cost me about $.50

How much is the Adams?

Post Thanks / Like

I use a grout sponge and dry it after I was the entire vehicle from top to bottom. Very impressed with the results from ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't washed my car with soap and water in over a year and half, I live in an apartment but have underground parking now, so I can wash anytime I want now, even on rainy days where I know I'm not going anywhere, LOL!

IMO the rinseless wash takes me no more than an hour and that's the whole car, including tires/wheels and wheelwells, so not really sure it takes longer than the "old school" way of washing a car honestly. Even if I had access to a hose I would still use rinseless and only use the hose to do more extensive cleanings of the wheelwells and tires and wheels with CG Diablo wheel cleaner when need be but to be honest, I stay on my car pretty well and don't have to use a dedsignated wheel cleaner as the left over rinseless does a bang up job on the wheels/tires, helps my wheel style is 6 spoke and allows me to to get into the barrels too, love rinseless here as well!

Turtle Wax rinseless was mentioned and I can't say enough about it, awesome product and its ok to use the recommended 4 oz of product to 2 gallons of water and I'll go a step further to say if your car is "lightly dirty", 3 oz is fine and if its just got a coat of pollen or dust, I've used 2 oz w/o a problem when using Turtle Wax rinseless.

Op, glad you like rinseless, welcome to the 21st century!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast