autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!

So I purchased a brand spanking new Sandia 86-3300, that's 6 gallons, dual 3 stage motors, and 300 psi of pressure. The drying power of this thing is INSANE! Their website claims 205" water lift. I've used it with one and two motors and one motor is moreally great but using both is just too good to be true.

I'm specializing in interiors so I figured I'd get a higher-end extractor, otherwise I would have got a mytee. This particular unit is unheated but I'm just going to use a bucket heater if I feel the need.

Anyway that's where the happy story ends, I went to connect my vac and solution hoses, and surprise surprise the 1/4" quick disconnect on the Extractor is a female and the 1/4" quick disconnect on the solution hose is a female too. So I went to a few stores until they finally lead me to one that had these kinds of fittings and they slapped two male fittings with a nipple in between but when I use that as a connector in between the hose and the extractor nothing happens....

Not sure what to do now, do I need to remove the female connector from the hose and attach a male, should this connector thing the guy invented for me have worked ?

I'm attaching pictures of my unboxing and of this guy's invention.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!-p1020271-jpg   Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!-p1020272-jpg   Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!-p1020275-jpg   Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!-p1020279-jpg   Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!-p1020298-jpg   Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!-p1020300-jpg   Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!-p1020305-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good news and bad news: Bought a new extractor, need help with it!

That looks like a really nice extractor, why don't you call them and let them fix the problem for you? I think what happened with your "adapter" is that there is a check valve in the QD, and you have them facing in opposite directions, so you can't flow either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try blowing trough both ends to see if there is a check valve, if so - there is your problem. It may be in the adapter or the piece that is now facing backwards connected to it. Does either female unscrew?? If so, just replace it with a male.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Try blowing trough both ends to see if there is a check valve, if so - there is your problem. It may be in the adapter or the piece that is now facing backwards connected to it. Does either female unscrew?? If so, just replace it with a male.
    Sheesh, unless he's Louis Armstrong, I don't think he's going to be able to blow hard enough to move that pintle spring in the QD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Sheesh, unless he's Louis Armstrong, I don't think he's going to be able to blow hard enough to move that pintle spring in the QD.
    I meant with that piece removed. The silver adapter and the silver male - so see if any of his "adapters" are what is causing the obstruction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I meant with that piece removed. The silver adapter and the silver male - so see if any of his "adapters" are what is causing the obstruction.
    Oh sorry, got it...I just don't know why he didn't call the seller/mfr., if that's a step up from a Mytee then it cost a LOT of money and the darn hoses should hook up and he shouldn't be fixing them on his dime.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I had a feeling it was our setup that prevent it from flowing.

Alright I'll go back to the shop and have them replace the female on the hose with a male.

I appreciate the help. And I've been trying to call them but I keep forgetting to call them early enough (before 4:30) so I keep missing them. And I had a job scheduled for today so i wanted to get it figured out.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I went back to the shop and they replaced one end of the hose with a male so now it connects just fine, however nothing is happening. So I gave Sandia a call, and they asked me where I purchased it, I said online on Amazon through their store there. They said they don't have a store online and that those are resellers. So all they could offer was advice.. :/

I guess it's not the connector's fault after all but I'm not sure where the problem is at this rate...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Oh sorry, got it...I just don't know why he didn't call the seller/mfr., if that's a step up from a Mytee then it cost a LOT of money and the darn hoses should hook up and he shouldn't be fixing them on his dime.
    It cost 1570, quite a chunk, the problem is I bought it on Amazon through a seller with the name Sandia so I assumed it was with the company, well it turns out they're a reseller, I'm gonna try and contact them now but amazon doesn't provide information about them so I'm gonna have to talk to amazon I suppose.

Edit: Visited amazon and this is what is showing on the website:

Missing Parts or Accessories
    The quickest way to get the part you need is to contact the manufacturer under the terms of their warranty. Most manufacturers list contact information on the product packaging or manual. You may also find contact information on the product detail page of the item.

Post Thanks / Like

Well here's some good news. I kept researching the problem and it turns out the pump wasn't really working even though it sounded like it was. So after doing some googling I found an online manual (for a completely different unit and company) that said if the pump wasn't working to unscrew the pressure regulator completely and rescrew it and run the pump again, when I did this the pump sucked up some water but still didn't do much. So i repeated this step about 5-10 times and eventually it kicked in!

I'm not dealing with Sandia anymore though. Made in USA but they won't stand behind their product! hmph