autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a professional detailer in Cleveland, OH - 2004 Mustang Cobra "Mystichrome"

Hi everyone

I hope this is the right forum... I am in need of a full paint detail and possible paint correction of my cobra convertible. Ive lurked/read on this forum for a long time and have decided though I'm mechanically inclined, I dont want to get into detailing and I'd rather pay a professional to do so.

That being said, can anyone offer a good professional detailer for me? I understand the time and cost associated with this "art" and am willing to pay the right person.

Thanks for your time!
    Randy

Last edited by whipplecobra; 04-16-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a professional detailer in Cleveland, OH - 2004 Mustang Cobra "Mystichrome"

Nice car!
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, my names David Bulgrin. Very nice vehicle! I live in the Akron area. I am more of a hobbyist that is trying to pick up some part time detailing. I have all the tools to do a full paint correction. I have done a few vehicles for myself family friends and neighbors. I feel I would be more than capable of correcting your paint for you. PM me if you would be interested at all.
    Dave Bulgrin's Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a professional detailer in Cleveland, OH - 2004 Mustang Cobra "Mystichrome"

sweet ride, bring it to va

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

David, any pictures of your work? Shoot me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whipplecobra View Post
    Thanks guys.

David, any pictures of your work? Shoot me a PM.
    PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, my name is Russ Hiser and I live in Sandusky, OH. I have been detailing cars for quite a few years and have recently started doing this as a business at my house. I have a Facebook page called CleanRides ByRuss with lots of pictures on it. I am a Mustang fanatic and would love to make your Cobra look like new again. You can call me @ 419-366-1616. Thanks and I hope to hear from you. Have a great day!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HisersAutoPerf View Post
    Hello, my name is Russ Hiser and I live in Sandusky, OH. I have been detailing cars for quite a few years and have recently started doing this as a business at my house. I have a Facebook page called CleanRides ByRuss with lots of pictures on it. I am a Mustang fanatic and would love to make your Cobra look like new again. You can call me @ 419-366-1616. Thanks and I hope to hear from you. Have a great day!
    Awesome! Facebook request sent
    04 Cobra 2.3 whipple 608whp
    12 f150 fx4
    13 lexus es350

Mike Phillips

Hey Randy,

Thank you for the PM about this project and thank you for starting a dedicated thread to find and hire a qualified detailer...

Like I told you in the PM, our forum works better than Angie's List because you can search through a member's posting history to get an idea of their qualifications.

One thing I would do is ask any potential detailer,

• What type of tools they use and finish with?
    • What type of compounds and polishes they use?
    • What type of pads to they use and finish with?

The big picture is you don't want to hire anyone that only finishes out with a wool pad on a rotary buffer as this will guarantee holograms in the paint and also shows you that they are not up to speed with modern pad technology.

If they are finishing out with any type of DA polisher, including Flex, Rupes, Porter Cable, Meguiar's or Griot's then holograms shouldn't be a concern. It's very important that any compounds or polishes being used have a good reputation for qualty results.

Asking any potential detailer if they do a "Test Spot" will also be a small indicator to their normal work practices.

I do a Test Spot on EVERYTHING I work on if I've ever worked on it before just to dial in my process and guarantee I'm going to get great results over the entire car.

Even did one on this...

North Miami Beach Police Mobil Command Unit - Show Car Makeover

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could have honor of correcting the paint on that terminator! Good luck with it, and your search for the right person to take care of your detailing needs. Shouldn't be hard.
    2003 10th Anniversary Torch Red Cobra
    Build#
    1689 of 2003
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast