autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro CQuartz, and CQuartz DLX Questions

Hello All,
    While I have a fresh unopened bottle of CQuartz DLX on hand, I have yet to use it, and have some questions in regards to if there are any noted similarities with this product to their other coating product, CQuartz Paint Coating?

Has anyone used both to compare?

I ask this, because I am curious as to whether either product has perhaps some similarities in regards to similar chemical makeup, longevity, and in regards to both their versatility?

Has anyone ever used CQuartz DLX on painted surfaces, such as Painted Trim on Vehicles? Also, has anyone ever used CQuartz on Vinyl-Plastic, and what can one expect with the results?

I ask these questions, as I am wishing to use a good product to protect the painted inserts-areas on my Truck's Front Grill, which is chrome plated plastic, with the grill areas painted.

TIA, Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro CQuartz, and CQuartz DLX Questions

Bump,
    Can any of you folks please advise me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Hello All,
    While I have a fresh unopened bottle of CQuartz DLX on hand, I have yet to use it, and have some questions in regards to if there are any noted similarities with this product to their other coating product, CQuartz Paint Coating?

Has anyone used both to compare?

I ask this, because I am curious as to whether either product has perhaps some similarities in regards to similar chemical makeup, longevity, and in regards to both their versatility?

Has anyone ever used CQuartz DLX on painted surfaces, such as Painted Trim on Vehicles? Also, has anyone ever used CQuartz on Vinyl-Plastic, and what can one expect with the results?

I ask these questions, as I am wishing to use a good product to protect the painted inserts-areas on my Truck's Front Grill, which is chrome plated plastic, with the grill areas painted.

TIA, Mark
    I have used both and have ongoing reviews.

Dlux is made more specifically for trim. The darkening / restoration effect is greater. When I first did my application of CQ I did apply some to the trim. It didn't darken it to much but did leave the coating. The coating did not last as long though. CQ on trim only really lasted 1 year for me. Due tot the ease of use and darkening I would definitely go with Dlux on black plastic trim.

Dlux can also be used on wheels and paint. But it does not have the same water spotting resistance which is why I would suggest only using it on plastic trim and vertical painted surfaces.

For any painted surfaces or painted trim I would suggest sticking with CQ. It is formulated for that surface and so it will work the best. I am nearing the 2 year mark on my CQ testing and the horizontal surfaces are still holding up well. The lower vertical surfaces are in need of a re-fresh but I fully expected that since we have a lot of road dirt / sand and the winters here are harsh with all the salt and cinders that are used.

For your "chrome plated" grille you would be fine with either product. I may actually lean towards Dlux for ease of use and gloss. And it is so easy to top it up. Clean it well wipe it down with some Eraser and the re-apply. Quick and easy.

Dlux Review: Product Review: CarPro Dlux

CQ Review: Product Review: CQuartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

Hello my NM brother!

I just recently started using CQuartz and actually applied it to a vehicle this past weekend. While applying to the pillars I accidentally got some on the trim surrounding the windows and didn't realize it until the day after. It darkened up the trim quite a bit IMO, and I have since had second thoughts about purchasing Dlux after my experience. Please keep us informed as to how well the Dlux product works for you and your thoughts!

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Post Thanks / Like

I still want to hear your thoughts on the product, but will be putting in an order for DLux here in a few anyway I'm always changing my mind!

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro CQuartz, and CQuartz DLX Questions-dscn0360-jpg

Update:
    Over the past couple days I have begun use of the CQuartz DLX on some of the trim moldings on the Tahoe.

Removed Lower Air Dam, Front License Plate Holder, and then masked Bumper Wrap Trim. I simply thoroughly cleaned all with an APC, and then a final wipe down with 15% IPA first.

I thought the CQuartz DLX was fairly easy to work with, spread easily, without the need of a lot of product, there was an allowable "massage time" to work the product in, and get even coverage without streaking, or marring the application.

After this, I went on to the mudane task of cleaning-detailing all Door Jambs, and Tailgate using a combination of Ultima UPGP on the Paint, CQuartz DLX on hard Plastic Trim, and Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant on all Rubber Weatherstripping.

All seemed to work exemplary, and very happy with the final results of how all three mentioned above products worked for this application, which can be difficult.

In comparison to the GTechniq C4 I used previously on the Rear Bumper Step Pad, and Trim last year, I personally like the CQ DLX a lot better all around. I'll probably be re-doing these parts with CQ DLX soon.

A thanks to Bobby G, and others for reviewing CQuartz DLX, and like these folks have found, so far I am quite impressed with the product.

Although my 1997 Tahoe is far from being a new vehicle, I am very happy, and impressed of the restorative results of this CarPro product.

As for how far the single bottle of CQ DLX will go, I see no problems of application of all exterior trim on the vehicle with one singular bottle.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Great update Mark!

I am thoroughly impressed with CQuartz DLux trim product and for restoring faded trim and long lasting protection the only other product that compares is Solution Finish....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have used both and have ongoing reviews.

Dlux is made more specifically for trim. The darkening / restoration effect is greater. When I first did my application of CQ I did apply some to the trim. It didn't darken it to much but did leave the coating. The coating did not last as long though. CQ on trim only really lasted 1 year for me. Due tot the ease of use and darkening I would definitely go with Dlux on black plastic trim.

Dlux can also be used on wheels and paint. But it does not have the same water spotting resistance which is why I would suggest only using it on plastic trim and vertical painted surfaces.

For any painted surfaces or painted trim I would suggest sticking with CQ. It is formulated for that surface and so it will work the best. I am nearing the 2 year mark on my CQ testing and the horizontal surfaces are still holding up well. The lower vertical surfaces are in need of a re-fresh but I fully expected that since we have a lot of road dirt / sand and the winters here are harsh with all the salt and cinders that are used.

For your "chrome plated" grille you would be fine with either product. I may actually lean towards Dlux for ease of use and gloss. And it is so easy to top it up. Clean it well wipe it down with some Eraser and the re-apply. Quick and easy.

Dlux Review: Product Review: CarPro Dlux

CQ Review: Product Review: CQuartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection

Thanx for the info there , & for the links also .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    CarPro CQuartz, and CQuartz DLX Questions-dscn0360-jpg

Update:
    Over the past couple days I have begun use of the CQuartz DLX on some of the trim moldings on the Tahoe.

Removed Lower Air Dam, Front License Plate Holder, and then masked Bumper Wrap Trim. I simply thoroughly cleaned all with an APC, and then a final wipe down with 15% IPA first.

I thought the CQuartz DLX was fairly easy to work with, spread easily, without the need of a lot of product, there was an allowable "massage time" to work the product in, and get even coverage without streaking, or marring the application.

After this, I went on to the mudane task of cleaning-detailing all Door Jambs, and Tailgate using a combination of Ultima UPGP on the Paint, CQuartz DLX on hard Plastic Trim, and Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant on all Rubber Weatherstripping.

All seemed to work exemplary, and very happy with the final results of how all three mentioned above products worked for this application, which can be difficult.

In comparison to the GTechniq C4 I used previously on the Rear Bumper Step Pad, and Trim last year, I personally like the CQ DLX a lot better all around. I'll probably be re-doing these parts with CQ DLX soon.

A thanks to Bobby G, and others for reviewing CQuartz DLX, and like these folks have found, so far I am quite impressed with the product.

Although my 1997 Tahoe is far from being a new vehicle, I am very happy, and impressed of the restorative results of this CarPro product.

As for how far the single bottle of CQ DLX will go, I see no problems of application of all exterior trim on the vehicle with one singular bottle.
    Mark

Thanx for sharing mate . Will need some new products again ! lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast