autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Marine 31

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Marine 31

Has anyone used the new Marine 31 product line on their boat? How well does it work?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marine 31

I am really hoping someone can give us some positive feedback about Marine 31. Thanks for starting this thread.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskcco View Post
    Has anyone used the new Marine 31 product line on their boat? How well does it work?
    I've extensively used each product in the Marine 31 line so any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask!

My personal favorites:

My top pick would be All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax. I've never found an AIO that's easier to work with, both marine and automotive applications.

Polishing a Boat @ Detail Fest w/Marine 31 Waxes, Cleaners & Polishes

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
    Marine 31 booth at our 8th Annual Detail Fest last weekend...

Why Marine 31? It's simple - the products are exceptionally easy to work with and they perform without a fuss. Severe gel coat oxidation removal? Check. Polishing metal surfaces to a brilliant shine? Check. Removing mildew from vinyl seats? Check. Marine 31 Waxes, Cleaners & Polishes has a product for virtually every square inch of your boat, from stern to bow. It's only an added bonus that each and every Marine 31 product is harbor-safe and eco-friendly. I'm an advocate of working smart, not hard, and Marine 31 Waxes, Cleaners & Polishes enables me to do just that.

The boat set up in the Marine 31 booth had light to moderate oxidation from sitting outside and being taken out on the water every other weekend. While Marine 31 offers varying levels of gel coat compounds and polishes (ultra heavy cut, medium cut, fine cut) I decided to take the simple approach and use what is my favorite product in the Marine 31 line, All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax.

Before:

During:

Notice how the Rotary Backing Plate Extension places the backing plate and buffing pad farther away from the body of the rotary polisher so you can more easily see the small, intricate area that you’re working on.

After:

Marine 31 Waxes, Cleaners & Polishes were developed right here in South Florida and we spent A LOT of time fine-tuning each product to ensure they were exceptionally easy to use, even in direct sunlight. We also spent a lot of time talking to local marinas and avid boating enthusiasts to see what THEY would like to see in a marine care product. The universal response was "eco-friendly" and "easy to use" and we're proud to say that each and every Marine 31 product is harbor-safe, eco-friendly and VERY easy to use.

Marine 31 - Waxes, Cleaners & Polishes

Marine 31 boat care - impressed 1st timer!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nick. I actually had sent you an email earlier about size of bottle I should get and you reply was very helpful. Thanks for that. Will this stuff work fine with white cg hexlogic pads? And should I get the liquid wax/sealant as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Nick - have you tried these items with a wool pad? What polishing pad do you recommend after compounding with this line?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskcco View Post
    Thanks Nick. I actually had sent you an email earlier about size of bottle I should get and you reply was very helpful. Thanks for that. Will this stuff work fine with white cg hexlogic pads? And should I get the liquid wax/sealant as well?
    I'm not familiar with the Hexlogic pads, but if they are a "polishing" pad it should work fine.

For maximum shine AND protection, I would definitely recommend applying Marine 31 Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant after using the AIO. This will further increase the shine while adding twice as much UV protection. This combination will be able to withstand virtually anything nature can throw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne View Post
    Nick - have you tried these items with a wool pad? What polishing pad do you recommend after compounding with this line?
    Marine 31 All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax works best with a foam cutting or foam polishing pad. If your boat/RV is heavily oxidized, I would recommend using Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Oxidation Cleaner with a wool pad.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the hexlogics go in somewhat the same color to aggressiveness as the lc pads. I may be wrong. But the white ones are for light to moderate polishing. At least that's what the packaging they came in said. I didn't see a 32oz bottle of the sealant. Is it like most sealants, where a little goes a long way? Do you think I Could I get away with just 16oz of it