autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Paste Wax Question, Fuzion, Pinnacle, Chemical guys... Help me choose one?

Hello Everyone,
    I would like to get some paste waxes to my business

I really want a few for every color and use.

I want a wax for light colored car, Dark colored car...

A Cheaper wax for light and Dark, A more expensive Wax for light and dark.

I currently Own Fuzion, 5050 Wax, Dodo juice white hard... ( and some other liquid waxes... I prefer paste ).

anything you guys recommend ?

Let's say for example :

Basic For light colored - Pinnacle Signature Series II
    "better" for light colored - Celeste Dettaglio v2 ( chemical guys ).

Basic for Dark - 5050
    "Better" For Dark - Fuzion

Well, I am looking for Waxes that makes a Really deep shine, An amazing shine that everyone loves, I expect that from every wax.

What would you recommend?
    Fuzion? Pinnacle Souveran? BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant?

Or even you might choose Swissvax ? Polish Angel ?

Looking forward for your answers

Sasson - White Subaru Brz 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paste Wax Question, Fuzion, Pinnacle, Chemical guys... Help me choose one?

You said cheap, so I'll suggest Collinte. Ever use Collinite?

The 845 Insulator Wax, although a liquid very closely mimics good pastes, and lasts longer than many pastes. Easy to use, goes on easy, comes off easy, and goes far.

As for pastes, either Collinite 476 Super Doublecoat Wax, or 915 Marque D'Elegance. A little harder to apply, but applied with a damp foam applicator, they are not at all bad. Again, two products that will last you a long time.

I have seen 476 Doublecoat in larger cans, but I don't believe through AG. Even the 9 oz can will last through many many many vehicles.

Did I say "many" enough times? LOL That's the truth. You'll search long to find products that last longer, give as good a protection to paint, and be a better value.

Very versatile products, will work good on any color paint, and the relative low cost permits you to spend money elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

In the 70's through 80's, my go to best wax product was the Blue Coral system, a glass bottle of Cleaner-Glaze, and a small glass jar of Carnauba Paste.

This was the product that was my #1 pick for my 1967 White Corvette Convertible. But it was a product that took a relatively long time to use by hand, and would work you to death. Especically if you didn't remove the Paste immediately after application to a small 18 inch square area.

For many long years, I ran through the gamut of products, and it seemed for a while, there was really nothing on the market to adequately replace Blue Coral.

Products I then tried, to mimic the Blue Coral quality were Pastes like Classic Slipstream Aircraft Wax, and Treewax 4 Seasons Boat Wax. Both were very good, but both were just not the same. I was afraid the era of a good paste would then be a thing of the past, no longer had.

That was until I discovered the Collinite products. From coming from such powdery-dusty products like Rain Dance, Classic, and others, the Collinite was I found to be truly a marvel product. And none produce much in the way of dusts during-after wipe off, and that was a big plus. Especially on black-dark Vehicles.

When I found these products, which I'm afraid is hard to pinpoint the exact year (I'm going to say about 1987-1989), it was like coming home.

Downside with any of the Collinite Waxes I previously mention, they have nothing in the way of cleaners in them. The surface needs to be prepped first beforehand. Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing is better for what your looking for than Naviwax. There is Naviwax Light, Dark, and Ultimate. This may the the slickest carnuba wax out there. Also, very easy to apply, and it beads crazy tight.

Only thing is, its not readily available in the USA. I just ordered a tin of Ultimate from the UK for $100.00.

Really top of the line stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered the Poorboy's Natty's series?
    -Jerry
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Paste Wax Question, Fuzion, Pinnacle, Chemical guys... Help me choose one?

I'll second the Collinite products.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Any recommendations for the "Better" ( expensive wax ) >?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably the wrong guy to ask, as the expensive wax thing just isn't my vibe. That said, I still have Souveran on the shelf, and I'm happy to offer it, but if a customer really wants a 'premium' LSP, I suggest they buy it and I'll apply it.
    -Jerry
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    I'm probably the wrong guy to ask, as the expensive wax thing just isn't my vibe. That said, I still have Souveran on the shelf, and I'm happy to offer it, but if a customer really wants a 'premium' LSP, I suggest they buy it and I'll apply it.
    Well, That ain't good for me =/ I don't live in a place where you could just buy products, I order them and ship them overseas, There is simply NOTHING here... not even wax ( there might be somewhere a Turtle wax... )

Post Thanks / Like

You already have Fuzion and 50/50, anything you get isn't going to be much better. 95% of the shine comes from the polishing step. The last 5 from the LSP. How much of that 5% do you think you are going to get out of a new wax?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast