autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Honestly, is foaming even effective? Isn't a simple wash mitt much better?

I don't have a foam gun, but I did experience something yesterday that makes me believe in them. I used a touchless wash (it was still in the 20's here in Indiana...) and it started with two separate foam pre-soaks. With each one, I watched the foam completely carry away three different spots of bird poop on my window and windshield. By the end of the second soak, they were gone! I know they probably use a stronger soap than most of us would, but the idea is the same. So, the foam obviously helps carry away some of the dirt. If your car is especially dirty, it can help prevent some micro-marring.

On another note, I was super excited to find this wash . It was the most thorough and effective touchless I've ever used!

Post Thanks / Like

^ exactly... if touchless car washes can remove some gunk from a car by just foaming .. i am sure that foam canons also help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Not so you will actually have more chance of marring cause the loos dirt is still on car. Your missing the whole point of foaming is to get the loose dirt of so you don't mar the paint. If your washing the car with foam on it all your doing is rubbing loose dirt all over the car.
    Foam
    Rinse
    2bucket wash
    Rinse
    Read this please before you post and ask a question when the answer has already been posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a karcher foam attachment. It is not a foam lance and does not produce much foam. it foams well and is runny, which I personally like because it strips the diet right away. Cut time too.

I mix OPC or strong cleaner with pH balanced shampoo for stronger cleaning action. As for maintenance, i use mildest shampoo. Oh mixing ONR in your 2 BM is also useful.
    AutoHeed Car Detailing Services
    +628170179017 or autoheed@gmail.com
    AutoHeed l www.autoheed.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutoHeed View Post
    I mix OPC or strong cleaner with pH balanced shampoo for stronger cleaning action. As for maintenance, i use mildest shampoo. Oh mixing ONR in your 2 BM is also useful.
    Of course you are then taking a product which will often be expensive due to being mild and mixing it with an aggressive and inexpensive product. At this point, you are totally negating the pH balanced element so why not just use a cheaper foam wash product which will be alkaline in the first place and won't require you to add the cleaner?

Alkaline traffic film removers are a very well accepted way of vehicle cleaning and cost much much less than your fancy shampoos - effectively this is what you have made!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutoHeed View Post
    I have a karcher foam attachment. It is not a foam lance and does not produce much foam. it foams well and is runny, which I personally like because it strips the diet right away. Cut time too.

Try Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss in your foam gun. A little goes along way and it is highly concentrated. Strips wax and cleans very well. No need for APC IMO with this soap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will definitely try that. Been hearing nothing but good reputation. Thanks!
    AutoHeed Car Detailing Services
    +628170179017 or autoheed@gmail.com
    AutoHeed l www.autoheed.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCougarGuy View Post
    There has been a couple times when my truck has just been dusty from sitting in the garage, etc. that I just foamed it, rinsed it then dried it with the Master Blaster.

No touching, no scratching!
    Is the Master Blaster something AG sells?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    Is the Master Blaster something AG sells?
    Yes. They cary the 4HP and 8HP models.

The Metro MasterBlaster is Metro's most powerful blower/dryer at 8hp! Blow dry your motorcycle & your vehicle with this big blower.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    One of my favorite Drive eps:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Sqi1lAj1A]Audi R8 BLACKBIRD: Basic Car Wash Techniques - DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube[/video]

Skip to 7:40 if you don't care for the beginning to see his "wash mitt foam gun technique." Pretty interesting.
    Good stuff. What I was doing was almost the same process except after the initial foam, I would foam one panel and wash with mitt then rinse and so on and so forth. I have to try his method.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast