autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Liquid Glass?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Liquid Glass?

I plan on doing a 3 step process this weekend on my truck getting it as nice looking as possible. I have bottle of Meguiars deep crystal paint cleaner for step 1.

I also have a bottle of Meguiars gold class liquid wax I got as a gift so I figured I'd use it during the learning curve then once I get the hang of it spend the decent money on the AG stuff. I plan on using this as step 3.

My real question is I also have a can of Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish. Is this just a non-abbrasive polish that would work well as step 2 or is it more of a finish that would be redundant with the gold class wax?

I'm doing a fullsize truck so If the LG and Gold class are the same I don't want to waste the time doing both but if it will help I have no problem taking the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid Glass is basically a sealant that will give durability. You would use it after the polish. Then if you want, you can top it with a coat of the Gold Class. You will probably want to give the Liquid Glass 24 hours to cure first before waxing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm
    Liquid Glass is basically a sealant that will give durability. You would use it after the polish. Then if you want, you can top it with a coat of the Gold Class. You will probably want to give the Liquid Glass 24 hours to cure first before waxing.
    I AGREE BUT I THINK THE DURABILITY OF L.G. IS BETTER THEN G.C. , ,IF YOU HAVE TO TOP IT ALL, I'D USE A PASTE WAX......
    LIQUID GLASS IS ALSO GOOD ON ITS OWN....

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid glass cures in 4-6 hours..you put it in the sun after you buff it off and let the sun cure it...it was one of the first acrylic sealants...it was re formulated due to VOC regs..so do not know what the new stuff is like..but the old stuff wore like steel...

Al

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick replies. What would be a good OTC polish I could use for step 2 then? The truck is a light tan if it helps.

Also I have a cheap buffer I got as a gift aswell. Which applications or removals would be best done with the buffer and which by hand?

Also for anyone that does the work by hand do you use the polishin pal? Does using the different pads with it give better results than the applicators you can get at a parts store or is the main benefit the hand comfort?

Sorry for all the newbie questions you guys are very knowledgable and I'm trying to learn as much as possible so in the future when I can afford a decent vehicle it'll be pristine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL
    I AGREE BUT I THINK THE DURABILITY OF L.G. IS BETTER THEN G.C. , ,IF YOU HAVE TO TOP IT ALL, I'D USE A PASTE WAX......
    LIQUID GLASS IS ALSO GOOD ON ITS OWN....
    Ah, I missed that it was the liquid. My reasoning for topping it was for the looks of a paste wax that a lot of us like over the sealant.