autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Lite II 8070 Upgraded

Just purchased a Mytee Lite II extractor and it performed great. Mytee changed out the motors and it now has the same lift power as the Aztec, 102in.
    I hadn't seen this anywhere and only learned about it at an auto Detail school in Pittsburgh. Mytee's packaging still lists the old specs, but they confirmed today that they did increase the performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee Lite II 8070 Upgraded

Thanks, i have to throw mine on craigslist i guess
    Quality Mobile Auto Detailing in Greater Seattle www.precisionautosalon.com

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds a little odd...if a company changed their motor (a huge feature in carpet extractors) wouldn't they advertise this and certainly list this on their packaging? That's ~20% increase in lift...oh by the way for the same price as our previous motor. Surely it would bring more sales. Do you have any proof from Mytee about this? If so I am definitely buying a Mytee II, I've been waiting for this type of scenario.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm all confused, if you look at the Mytee-Lite page here at AG, it says 85" of water lift. However, when AG added the new Mytee products a couple of weeks ago I made myself a spreadsheet so I could understand the differences between the models, and in there I have 107". So I went to the Mytee site to double-check that's where I got it from, and it says 127" there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrace View Post
    This sounds a little odd...if a company changed their motor (a huge feature in carpet extractors) wouldn't they advertise this and certainly list this on their packaging? That's ~20% increase in lift...oh by the way for the same price as our previous motor. Surely it would bring more sales. Do you have any proof from Mytee about this? If so I am definitely buying a Mytee II, I've been waiting for this type of scenario.
    I hear ya Scrace, I would think this would be put out right away by Mytee. I was ready to get the Aztec, but I really liked that the Mytee had a little larger capacity, but in the end, I don't want to have to go back over what I did with the wet vac. I emailed my serial # to Mytee's Customer Service and they confirmed that mine was an upgraded machine.
    Now that I'm sounding this out, I'm thinking that maybe they are waiting for the older models to sell off before advertising the change

Mike Phillips

More lift is better as one of the most important components of doing hot water extraction is getting the water back out of the fabric, carpet or upholstery.

Quote Originally Posted by scrace View Post

If so I am definitely buying a Mytee II, I've been waiting for this type of scenario.
    When you were at the detailing bootcamp class just a few weeks ago you used the Mytee Lite II 8070 in the original configuration and it still worked great!

Pictures and Comments - January 26th & 27th 2013 Detailing Boot Camp Class

So with more lift it will work even better...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, I'm all confused, if you look at the Mytee-Lite page here at AG, it says 85" of water lift. However, when AG added the new Mytee products a couple of weeks ago I made myself a spreadsheet so I could understand the differences between the models, and in there I have 107". So I went to the Mytee site to double-check that's where I got it from, and it says 127" there.
    I'd like to understand this better as well.......

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    I'd like to understand this better as well.......
    Hey Bobby and Setec,
    I saw the same thing, the Rep at Mytee did not actually say the lift power when she replied.I'll email her to see if I can pin it down. I can say this though, we used an 85 in. lift machine at the school and it was respectable. But in testing mine yesterday, it had enough suction power that I had to make more effort in holding down the corners, so it is a noticable difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Medvic View Post
    Hey Bobby and Setec,
    I saw the same thing, the Rep at Mytee did not actually say the lift power when she replied.I'll email her to see if I can pin it down. I can say this though, we used an 85 in. lift machine at the school and it was respectable. But in testing mine yesterday, it had enough suction power that I had to make more effort in holding down the corners, so it is a noticable difference.
    Hey Dave,

Thanks for the information....

We rely heavily on specification listed on a manufactures website for a given product. While the possibility of typographical errors always exist, knowing and understand the actual capabilities is a product or device is important to me.

The increase of left between 85 inches and 127 inches is substantial and in the order of 33%. Advertising an accurate spec is also very important and maybe some testing by a qualified source is in order.....then of course you'd also need to have equipment to test!!

I'd appreciate hearing an explanation from Mytee on these claims and here their take on it...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to understand the differentiation between the 4 models and also the current as I only have a 15A circuit in my garage right now. The 107" that I have in my spreadsheet puts the machine sort of in the middle between the two "big" machines and the S-300 Tempo, but if it's really 127" that is almost up to the "big" machines and I guess makes the Mytee-Lite a good deal! However, the Mytee manuals state that all their extractors except the Tempo (which doesn't have a heater) require a 20A circuit--and they also warn that ground fault circuits are not recommended (as they may trip), which makes it kind of difficult to use one of these in your garage/driveway where code requires GFI outlets.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast