autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TurtleWax Rinseless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Ha, it's been a while since I've heard QEW mentioned. Now you've got me thinking Dri Wash 'n Guard... lol
    Does this stuff work? Someone sent me two bottles saying it was the shiznits lol
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Does this stuff work? Someone sent me two bottles saying it was the shiznits lol
    Since your all about rinseless washes, what do you think/or have you used D114?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Since your all about rinseless washes, what do you think/or have you used D114?
    I used a sample to do two rinseless washes, and now want to pick up a gallon. I think that speaks for itself

I'm starting to believe that just like how the myriad of different waxes and polishes each have their spot, different quality rinseless washes are fulfilling different jobs.

ONR is great but leaves a little behind, ONRWW leaves even more behind, BF Rinseless is great before BF products because it was designed to work together (cross-linking polymers is what they advertise but that being true or not is a whole another thread).

D114 is great because it leaves nothing behind. Different rinseless for a different end result

Cleaning done by it is excellent as well, although I can't remember now, but I think the ratio of ounces to gallons was also higher than others... may have to check on that.
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a sample to do two rinseless washes, and now want to pick up a gallon. I think that speaks for itself

I'm starting to believe that just like how the myriad of different waxes and polishes each have their spot, different quality rinseless washes are fulfilling different jobs.

ONR is great but leaves a little behind, ONRWW leaves even more behind, BF Rinseless is great before BF products because it was designed to work together (cross-linking polymers is what they advertise but that being true or not is a whole another thread).

D114 is great because it leaves nothing behind. Different rinseless for a different end result

Cleaning done by it is excellent as well, although I can't remember now, but I think the ratio of ounces to gallons was also higher than others... may have to check on that.
    Yeah I believe the dillution rate was a bit higher than ONR's. Alot of members have tested that D114 in fact does clean better than ONR. I agree with you that each product serves its purpose.

That said I think im going to get a gallon of D114 for business use, and use Optimum ONR/ONRWW on my personal vehicles.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

RFEW is one oz to two gallons for clean cars and one oz to one gallon for dirty cars.

The cleaning power of it is very good I've washed cars with several weeks worth of grime effortlessly with no scratching with the GDWM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Yeah I believe the dillution rate was a bit higher than ONR's. Alot of members have tested that D114 in fact does clean better than ONR. I agree with you that each product serves its purpose.

That said I think im going to get a gallon of D114 for business use, and use Optimum ONR/ONRWW on my personal vehicles.
    I can't speak on comparing cleaning cars, because when I test things, I do it on my car, and my car never gets dirty enough to test something like that! lol

I think it's worth adding to your collection, I certainly want to add it to mine

Quote Originally Posted by jvs1991 View Post
    RFEW is one oz to two gallons for clean cars and one oz to one gallon for dirty cars.

The cleaning power of it is very good I've washed cars with several weeks worth of grime effortlessly with no scratching with the GDWM.
    Thanks for the clarification, I knew there was something weird about the dilution ratio but couldn't remember what. It's been a few months since I used the sample.

Good to know about the cleaning power as well

Post Thanks / Like

Dri Wash 'n Guard? The last time I used it was way back in '98. I remember it well because I had just picked up a new Tacoma, and was looking for something I could use on the go. I don't know if they changed or improved the formula since, but the bottle I used smelled a lot like Zymol cleaner wax (origin form). It was ok. The consistency was that of dated milk; clumpy. A little too greasy for my liking. I ended up using a favorite bike cleaner instead - Pro Honda Spray Cleaner. Have you heard of it? Really good stuff, at least the old version anyway. Not until ONR, that's when I really paid attention to rinseless/waterless method.

Regarding D114 - absolutely love this product. I might have mentioned it before; after getting my hands on a sample, I found myself gravitating toward none nuba wash. I also like to spray the wheels (BBS) down with the solution after a good APC+ scrubbing. It's a lot of work with nuba stuff, having to go over them again to get a shine. See below and you'll know what I mean.

Multi spoke = PITA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    Klasse, can you PM me with where you got it? I've been to several parts stores looking for the new meg's stuff and this....I've come up empty.
    I picked it up at Autozone yesterday and yeah, since you can't buy it by the gallon its a bit more than ONR/DP/DG rinseless washes, I just wanted to try it out, my next gallon purchase will be DuraGloss rinseless.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually tried it out today on my car (after going through a good carwash yhesterday) so not the best test but the car was frosted over night and it was over 40 today, so why not wash off all the frost and what it always leaves behind.

I will say that it worked good and my rinse bucket water actually got dirty, even before cleaning the wheel barrels and tire sidewalls. Looking forward to trying it out on my car when its actually dirty from the road with rain and/snow/salt.

I needed to go over $20.00 at Autozone and buying this let me do it last time I was there, so why not and from what I can see it does what its supposed to. I guess I took the dare and it payed off, LOL!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I actually tried it out today on my car (after going through a good carwash yhesterday) so not the best test but the car was frosted over night and it was over 40 today, so why not wash off all the frost and what it always leaves behind.

I will say that it worked good and my rinse bucket water actually got dirty, even before cleaning the wheel barrels and tire sidewalls. Looking forward to trying it out on my car when its actually dirty from the road with rain and/snow/salt.

I needed to go over $20.00 at Autozone and buying this let me do it last time I was there, so why not and from what I can see it does what its supposed to. I guess I took the dare and it payed off, LOL!

Very nice! I figured it would work as intended.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast