autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TurtleWax Rinseless Wash

OK, I tried it.

Here's what I did.

I put 1oz in a spray bottle and filled it with water.
    Added 2oz to two gallons of water and had one bucket with fresh water.

Car was dusty then caught in a rain, pretty dirty.
    I used 4 MF towels on a mid size SUV.
    spraying one panel at a time, wiped it down with a MF towel after putting in the wash, then rinsed towel, dried the panel and went to the next one.

Have to be totally honest , the results were great.
    I just did a full paint correction a couple of weeks back so I was careful but I turned on my light to inspect the finish, still flawless.

Smells sort of like bubble gum which was nice.
    I think I'll go back and buy more, buy one get one free, like 64oz for 8 bucks.

I wanted to do a video but didn't have the time but will later at some point.
    Was somewhat surprised at how well it worked, just as good as most other Rinseless Washers.

Give it a try, if you don't like it I'll buy it back from you

My black car looks like I washed it by hand.
    Wth!

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought it at a local Advance. My Optimum No Rinse supply had finally dwindled, so I wanted/needed a new rinseless wash. To be quite honest, it works quite well. I do find ONR seems to leave a slicker surface, but for the price point this is a good product. I did use the one bucket method and I blow dry the panels. No scratching from using the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    OK, I tried it.

Here's what I did.

I put 1oz in a spray bottle and filled it with water.
    Added 2oz to two gallons of water and had one bucket with fresh water.

Car was dusty then caught in a rain, pretty dirty.
    I used 4 MF towels on a mid size SUV.
    spraying one panel at a time, wiped it down with a MF towel after putting in the wash, then rinsed towel, dried the panel and went to the next one.

Have to be totally honest , the results were great.
    I just did a full paint correction a couple of weeks back so I was careful but I turned on my light to inspect the finish, still flawless.

Smells sort of like bubble gum which was nice.
    I think I'll go back and buy more, buy one get one free, like 64oz for 8 bucks.

I wanted to do a video but didn't have the time but will later at some point.
    Was somewhat surprised at how well it worked, just as good as most other Rinseless Washers.

Give it a try, if you don't like it I'll buy it back from you

My black car looks like I washed it by hand.
    Wth!
    So you did it Gary Dean style then? Ill have to try this out. Do you think the 1 oz to a spray bottle would still make a good clay lube or should we do 2 oz in it also for that purpose?

Post Thanks / Like

For claying I'd add 3oz just to be safe.
    Sort of like Gary except I also sprayed each panel before I started the washing just to make sure I had enough lube on the finish.

Hard to believe TW product works this good.

Update.

My car is parked in my garage with good lighting , no streaks to be found , loving it.
    Going buy buy every bottle they have on the shelf , I think they had 8 bottles left.

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    So you did it Gary Dean style then? Ill have to try this out. Do you think the 1 oz to a spray bottle would still make a good clay lube or should we do 2 oz in it also for that purpose?

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea on the blower.
    I'll try that next time which will be tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by longdx View Post
    I recently bought it at a local Advance. My Optimum No Rinse supply had finally dwindled, so I wanted/needed a new rinseless wash. To be quite honest, it works quite well. I do find ONR seems to leave a slicker surface, but for the price point this is a good product. I did use the one bucket method and I blow dry the panels. No scratching from using the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hate, glad you like the TW rinseless! I'm going to Advanced Auto Parts on my to work, great deal right there!! Now the 1 oz in a spray bottle, how big is the bottle? In the wintertime I've used the pre-spray method but its the ratio I use to make clay lube, which is half of what it is for making clay lube, works great for me. When the car is all crust with salt and grit, this is a must, your other option is hit the quarter carwash before hand, ofcoarse and I have one of those right around the corner, nice having options.

Turtle Wax has a great product, sad everyone doesn't know about it (talking about "regular Joe's")

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

1oz in a 16oz sprayer is what I used and it was dead on.

Yeah, I agree, can't beat the deal going on now.
    let us know what you think of it once you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Hate, glad you like the TW rinseless! I'm going to Advanced Auto Parts on my to work, great deal right there!! Now the 1 oz in a spray bottle, how big is the bottle? In the wintertime I've used the pre-spray method but its the ratio I use to make clay lube, which is half of what it is for making clay lube, works great for me. When the car is all crust with salt and grit, this is a must, your other option is hit the quarter carwash before hand, ofcoarse and I have one of those right around the corner, nice having options.

Turtle Wax has a great product, sad everyone doesn't know about it (talking about "regular Joe's")

Post Thanks / Like

I can honestly say that I've never paid too much attention to slickness after washing my car with any rinseless but its surely nice to have one leave more slickness over another. That said, when I make up any QD using a rinseless, adding 1 oz of KSG to the gallon mix takes care of that and as far as the car wash goes, well, I'm a self admitted "product waster" so my car always has a "just waxed" feeling, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    ***UPDATE***

Just left the local Advance Auto Parts w/ some Turtle Wax rinseless and it was infact buy one get one free too! Funny thing is though that it wasn't listed being on sale though, I asked the guy to check it out and once he scanned the bottle there it was, buy one get one free!!! There was only 2 bottles left, cleaned them out, LOL!

Anyone looking to try this for washing their car, here you go, looking to make up some QD, here you go, same with clay lube, can't miss!

To make 1 gallon of quick detailer:

1 entire bottle into an empty gallon jug, top off with water.

To make a good clay lube:

1/2 bottle into an empty gallon jub, top off with water.

To wash your car with it (dirty)

Use 4 oz per 2 gallons for wash solution

To wash your car w/ it dusty or light dirt

Use 3 oz per 2 gallons for wash solution

Enjoy your day and stay cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ***UPDATE***

Just left the local Advance Auto Parts w/ some Turtle Wax rinseless and it was infact buy one get one free too! Funny thing is though that it wasn't listed being on sale though, I asked the guy to check it out and once he scanned the bottle there it was, buy one get one free!!! There was only 2 bottles left, cleaned them out, LOL!

I love how when Klasse gets car care on the brain he DEOS IT IMMEDIATELY, then updates us. The geeks are so damn cool sometimes.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast