autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

glaze between paint corrections

Question. In between polishings,over time, light swirling occurs. I would like to mask these swirls until next polishing with CG White Diamond glaze. My question is, can I just wash vehicle and apply glaze over existing LSP and apply 845 as topper, or do I have to remove existing LSP first. My existing LSP consists of two products, Opti-seal and 845. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: glaze between paint corrections

Quote Originally Posted by wanabe detailer View Post
    Question. In between polishings,over time, light swirling occurs. I would like to mask these swirls until next polishing with CG White Diamond glaze. My question is, can I just wash vehicle and apply glaze over existing LSP and apply 845 as topper, or do I have to remove existing LSP first. My existing LSP consists of two products, Opti-seal and 845. Thanks
    You mean Poor Boy's White Diamond glaze? The answer is no. This product will remove any existing LSP's at least in my experience. I always apply it with a PC, maybe it won't if you do it by hand. Try it and see.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

ya I mean Poor Boy's thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wanabe detailer View Post
    Personally, I believe Opti-seal topped with 845 is redundant (845 is that good!). More power to you if you see subtle improvements with this combo over and above just using one of them.

As to your question the answer is YES! This approach would work. You won't get the durability like OS/845 but I think you know that already. I'm not sure PBWD will be strong enough to remove 845 completely but nevertheless if you top PBWD with 845, and you get the filling effect you are looking for, then I would say that is an adequate "patch" to your LSP layer.

Post Thanks / Like

Applying a glaze and topping it with a quality wax or sealant is common

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few mild swirls on my car, but I don't feel like I have enough knowledge about polishing to actually polish the car yet. So, I would like to build up my experience and confidence with the orbital using a paint glaze, which I understand fills some swirls, and then use a sealant or wax (haven't decided which yet) after that.

So, when I make the step to polish, do I need to use any product to remove the wax and sealant? Will the polish just burn through these materials? What if it's been a couple of months with no additional glaze/sealant applied? Just go ahead and wash, clay, polish?

Thanks!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I have a few mild swirls on my car, but I don't feel like I have enough knowledge about polishing to actually polish the car yet. So, I would like to build up my experience and confidence with the orbital using a paint glaze, which I understand fills some swirls, and then use a sealant or wax (haven't decided which yet) after that.

So, when I make the step to polish, do I need to use any product to remove the wax and sealant? Will the polish just burn through these materials? What if it's been a couple of months with no additional glaze/sealant applied? Just go ahead and wash, clay, polish?

Thanks!
    Removing wax and sealants, glazes, etc... allows you to see the true nature of the paint. There are many cases on here of someone doing a full correction without wiping clean before and after and a couple of days after the paint will start to show swirls and minor scratches that were previously filled. I would at least do an IPA/Eraser type wipedown after compounding/polishing to ensure the paint is clean and clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought PB Black Hole to do the same thing. I don't want to cut my clear coat more than needed. I emailed Poor Boys and they recommend removing all the old wax etc. They recommend topping Black Hole with Natty's Blue. I did not have Natty's at the time and wanted to get started. I topped with Meg's Ulimate Liquid Wax. I thought the results were great. What would others recommend topping Black Hole with on a Black car? Sorry for throwing in an extra question. I thought you would want to know what PB recommends though. Maybe with White Diamond on a light car it would not be needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I imagine a glaze could mask these swirls easily. But don't know exactly for sure cos I haven't tried it personally yet.

If a glaze can do this, I imagine it can hide some minor swirls. (This was masked not corrected)

glaze between paint corrections-imageuploadedbyagonline1368493935-283418-jpg
    Meguiar's no. 7

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies.

My thought would be this. Wash & clay. Then apply Griot's paint glaze followed by Griot's sealant (I also have a Mothers and Meguiars wax that I could apply after). No particular reason for Griot's -- it's just what I have the most of right now.

I recently purchased from here the Blackfire Wet Diamond Kit. I would think to use the Gloss Enhancing Polish, which is stated to remove sealants and waxes, followed by the All Finish Paint Protection when I'm ready to actually do some polishing. It sounds like this Gloss Enhancing Polish is relatively benign as far as polishes go. Actually, since it's nonabrasive, it doesn't sound like a polish at all...

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast