autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Request for Advice

Greetings from South Georgia.

I have only recently begin following this forum; however, I believe that I have a learned a great deal in a short period of time. Indeed, I used to consider myself one who compulsively cared for his vehicles. I now know I have a ways to go, but I think it is going to be a fun ride.

On to the issue at hand. I would like to perform a correction on my white 2010 BMW 535I. It is my second vehicle and is generally driven three days each week. It is garage kept, both at home and at work. It has a good number of swirls but , aside from those wash-induced swirls, the paint is in great shape. Thus far I have gone to the two-bucket wash system with grit guards and purchased a Dodo Wookie’s Fist. I have also switched to washing with a quality wash (Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo) and drying with quality microfiber towels (I am really trying to avoid purchasing a Master Blaster, but I think I see one in my near future). Accordingly, I believe I have gotten my poor washing habits under control.

I purchased I GG polisher, LC pads (white, grey, and blue) in both 6.5 and 4 inch sizes. I decided to use the Poor Boys line (even though I now somewhat wish that I would have purchased the Menzerna line) and have the SSR1 Light Swirl Remover and the Polish and Sealant Combo. I watch all of the videos and practiced with the polisher on my truck windows (removing spots).

I did a test spot on my trunk (actually I ended up doing the entire trunk) but the SSR1 with the white pad did not remove all of the swirls. There was an improvement, but there are still some swirls remaining. I was thinking of stepping up to the Poorboys SSR2 Medium Abrasive Swirl Remover and orange LC pads. For the record, I clayed the trunk before doing the test spot.

I thought that it might be advisable to ask for some input before I stepped up to the more aggressive combination. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Request for Advice

Try again with the SSR2 in a small area that you did, how many passes.
    Starting wit the least aggressive is the best start then check your results.
    Post some pics if possible, it might help others with their suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your input. I did six section passes. I just tried to take some pictures but the sun is really bright today and the pictures did not turn out well. After I have a chance to wash it this afternoon, I will pull it in the garage and try to get some pictures which more clearly illustrate the swirls. I will have to order the SSR2 and orange pads so it will be next weekend before I can give it another try. Once again thank you for your time. It is just a bit unnerving putting a machine on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...test-spot.html

Don't be intimidated. Watching the videos by Mike P will help you a lot.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...shing-wax.html

Sending you a pm soon.