autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Website Help

Regular Member Seth@NWCDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Website Help

Hey Everybody,
    I just redesigned my website, hopefully in a better way.lol
    Anyway its not published yet I just need some opinions before I actually do it. I'm mainly concerned on how the service page is displayed
    Home - Northwest Classic Detail
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Website Help

Quote Originally Posted by NWC Detail View Post
    Hey Everybody,
    I just redesigned my website, hopefully in a better way.lol
    Anyway its not published yet I just need some opinions before I actually do it. I'm mainly concerned on how the service page is displayed
    Home - Northwest Classic Detail
    Thanks!
    PM me if you want to talk. I do web sites for a living.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your contact stuff is very clear! Good start!

As far as the service page, when I pull it up, there is a slight problem with Economy and deluxe mixing up. If you had some more space it would be a little more clear!

Other than that, pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of the $.99 pricing. $64.99 really just round it out. I believe too many price everything ala cart. I hate the nickel and dime thing. Make it simple and easy for your clients.

Post Thanks / Like

On your services page, how come the prices on the left side don't match the prices on the right? It looks like you have 2 different prices for the same packages?

Also I like how you included a picture of yourself but it looks like a dark rainy day. You should post a pic of you next to a nice shiny car on a nice sunny day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    Your contact stuff is very clear! Good start!

As far as the service page, when I pull it up, there is a slight problem with Economy and deluxe mixing up. If you had some more space it would be a little more clear!

Other than that, pretty good.
    I think I got that problem fixed, I spread it out more and cleared it up so its easier to read, I think..
    Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    I'm not a fan of the $.99 pricing. $64.99 really just round it out. I believe too many price everything ala cart. I hate the nickel and dime thing. Make it simple and easy for your clients.
    Yeah, I was pretty hesitant to put my prices up like that that's why I needed some opinions, I'm happier with what I replaced them with, prices are a little more clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    On your services page, how come the prices on the left side don't match the prices on the right? It looks like you have 2 different prices for the same packages?

Also I like how you included a picture of yourself but it looks like a dark rainy day. You should post a pic of you next to a nice shiny car on a nice sunny day.
    Well the prices on the left are the package pricing and the prices on the right are individual pricing. I cleared it up a lot more so it should be easier to understand now.

And I know I had a friend use their phone to take the picture, but now that I got mine it should be just a matter of getting a sunny day in the Northwest.
    Thanks for the input

Post Thanks / Like

Hey seth looks good buddy nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Site looks pretty good! It seems like your prices are very low though... unless I am just not understanding them.

One step correction (your level 3) for $160?? Estimated at 1-2 days of work?

So figure in 8 hours of work for just the exterior at $160 - that puts you at $20/hr. I think you can get away with charging double that and still be in the low to middle range of the detailing price spectrum. In fact, I estimate costs based on an hourly rate only after I have inspected my customers cars ... I know that is not the topic of this thread, but I'm just trying to help you out.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Hey seth looks good buddy nice job.
    Thanks Todd

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Site looks pretty good! It seems like your prices are very low though... unless I am just not understanding them.

One step correction (your level 3) for $160?? Estimated at 1-2 days of work?

So figure in 8 hours of work for just the exterior at $160 - that puts you at $20/hr. I think you can get away with charging double that and still be in the low to middle range of the detailing price spectrum. In fact, I estimate costs based on an hourly rate only after I have inspected my customers cars ... I know that is not the topic of this thread, but I'm just trying to help you out.
    Thanks man! Well I just started up this business so I'm still experiencing what other people are charging and based off of the equipment I have I figured these prices would suffice. But yeah I do like your input, this thread is for everything that can help me out. I think it would be a good idea to spruce up my prices a bit given my skill set.
    Much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man! Well I just started up this business so I'm still experiencing what other people are charging and based off of the equipment I have I figured these prices would suffice. But yeah I do like your input, this thread is for everything that can help me out. I think it would be a good idea to spruce up my prices a bit given my skill set.
    Much appreciated
    Sure those prices will probably suffice, but you don't want to be selling yourself short. Based off of what I have read around here, $40/hour is more than reasonable. I'm assuming you are doing this at your own house/residence and not in some sort of shop or other establishment. If you are doing this elsewhere, ie you bought/rent a storefront, then your prices should be significantly higher due to the overhead costs.

Best of luck.

Retired Professional Detailer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast