autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A little letdown with BF midnight sun

Ive been waiting and waiting to try this wax out and on cyber Monday I picked it up at half off. I tried it out on my 6 month old palladium grey ( metal flake medium grey) Mercedes about two weeks ago.

Initially I probably put it on too thick as it was hell to get off. It was like rubbing vegetable oil on the car. It was very greasy and hard to get off. I put it on thinner and it came off better. I was happy with the results and a nice slick surface. The shine was nice but nothing that was much better than other waxes I have used.

NOW - my real disappointment came after my first wash 2 weeks later. I used BF conditioning shampoo and after drying the slickness seemed to be practically gone.

I remember reading somewhere (after I bought the wax) that BFMS was more for show than lasting protection. After using it I'm a little letdown as the shine didn't outperform others and the slickness was close to gone after one wash. So where is the benefit?

Have you all experienced this with BFMS? I really want to try Fuzion but I need a really good sale before I do after the BF disappointment. Is Fuzion that much better? Any other thoughts or tips? My paint surface is still fairly new so that's not the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A little letdown with BF midnight sun

Any wax's slickness will go away, but the protection will still be there. Use a detail spray, waterless or rinseless wash with carnauba to get slickness back.

I dont think getting another wax will change anything to be honest.
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sommy View Post
    Ive been waiting and waiting to try this wax out and on cyber Monday I picked it up at half off. I tried it out on my 6 month old palladium grey ( metal flake medium grey) Mercedes about two weeks ago.

Initially I probably put it on too thick as it was hell to get off. It was like rubbing vegetable oil on the car. It was very greasy and hard to get off. I put it on thinner and it came off better. I was happy with the results and a nice slick surface. The shine was nice but nothing that was much better than other waxes I have used.

NOW - my real disappointment came after my first wash 2 weeks later. I used BF conditioning shampoo and after drying the slickness seemed to be practically gone.

I remember reading somewhere (after I bought the wax) that BFMS was more for show than lasting protection. After using it I'm a little letdown as the shine didn't outperform others and the slickness was close to gone after one wash. So where is the benefit?

Have you all experienced this with BFMS? I really want to try Fuzion but I need a really good sale before I do after the BF disappointment. Is Fuzion that much better? Any other thoughts or tips? My paint surface is still fairly new so that's not the issue.
    Good prep is the key to a nice shine. And thin is in! MS is more durable than most carnauba based waxes. You may have used too much shampoo in your wash bucket and it could have knocked down the slickness. But I have never found it to be that slick. I have no problems with it whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Try a hybrid like 845 on that color.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're expecting too much from it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Any wax's slickness will go away, but the protection will still be there. Use a detail spray, waterless or rinseless wash with carnauba to get slickness back.

Bingo! You get your shine/bling from compounding and polishing, wax is a microscopic layer that just sits on the surface of the car. 99.99% of all these wax's are individual preference, but I'd be willing to be side by side, the same percentage of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between most of the brands out there. Personal preference + great marketing + the itch we all have to collect/try these out leads to having 50 jars of wax that most will never use.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post

Totally agree.

I use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on my personal vehicle. Within a week and half to two weeks the slickness is totally gone, but to this day (just over four months later) the water is beading like crazy with the rain we got today... tight beads.

Post Thanks / Like

Anxious to try this product. Incoming order.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for carnuba detail sprays. In the future when the wax is worn off, try Exo. I have it on my cars and I love it.
    PS we have the same colour!

Post Thanks / Like

What wax do your normally use? What prep?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast