autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing my new 911 cabriolet questions! Also, Klasse AIO w/ a clear bra?

I just picked up my new 911 last week and now it is time to sit down for a full detail! Here is my plan. The surface is free of any and all bonded and embedded particles so it will not be necessary to clay the car.

First, I plan on putting down a layer of Klasse All-in-One by machine with a grey CCS pad and by hand with a generic foam pad in the area where the PC will not fit. Now, I have a couple of questions regarding this step. First, can I apply Klasse AIO over the 3M Clear Bra? I saw on the back of the bottle that the KAIO contains petroleum distillates. Will this harm the film? I have the clear bra on the entire front clip of the car (because it will be a track car and it's flat black so everything will show). I wanted to use the Klasse because it puts down a good layer of protection that will then be topped with a carnuba wax. Any and all feedback regarding the Klasse with the clear bra would be appreciated. I don't want to take any chances so if there is any doubt, I rather err on the side of caution.

After the sealant, I plan on letting cure overnight, I was going to top with 1-2 layers of Zymol Carbon. Then I will move to the interior. What leather conditioner and cleaner (I like separate because I condition more often than I clean & condition) would you recommend. I was thinking either Leatherque or something in that class. Also, I was thinking 303 for the dash but am open to whatever anyone else thinks.

My main concern is just the application of Klasse AIO with the 3M clear bra film protectant. I really want a good base protection product that I can top with a quality carnuba. Thanks for everyone's input. Happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use this on my clear bra

It's made for that material. You don't need to "condition" leather, especially new leather as the colorant is a distinct top layer on top of the actual leather, unless your car has an uncommon type of leather.

Use a leather sealant like UIG+, L1, or the new CarPro stuff. That will actually help prevent wear on the seats. Most important is to clean them frequently. Dirty seats wear faster because the dirt acts as an abrasive.

I would use UIG+ or Eco Touch Dash Protectant if it was my new Porsche, as they leave a factory matte finish. 303 reminds me too much of Armor All, just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing my new 911 cabriolet questions! Also, Klasse AIO w/ a clear bra?

I would use zymol glasur instead of carbon. And I use cg clear seal on the bra.