autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Blower

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Blower

Hi guys, does anyone know if the metro air force commander is any good? Looking to take advantage of the free shipping. been looking for videos but i can only find for the one with dual motors. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Air Force Blaster, which is the 4 HP one up from the Commander. The one I have is pretty good. However, it doesn't reduce drying time significantly. It's great to get all the water out of areas that are enclosed and for drying wheels. I do use it to dry the whole vehicle, but its not super fast. If your doing this for money I would get the Master Blaster. If your a hobbyist like me its fine.

Looking back I kind of wish I got the Master Blaster. But I do use the Air Force Blaster a lot and it is very helpful. I think the Air Force Commander is less powerful than the Air Force Blaster by a little bit. I would at least recommend getting the Air Force Blaster.

You will also need the dolly for either Air Force, as its almost impossible to sit the unit on the ground and use it without flipping it over. This is because the hose is extremely stiff (doesn't show well in pictures), much stiffer than a shop vac. Any movement of the hose is transmitted tight to the blower and it flips over. If you plan on carrying the unit in one hand, and using the blower end with the other, its very awkward again due to the stiff hose wanting to bang into the paint and drag all over the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blower

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You will also need the dolly for either Air Force, as its almost impossible to sit the unit on the ground and use it without flipping it over. This is because the hose is extremely stiff (doesn't show well in pictures), much stiffer than a shop vac. Any movement of the hose is transmitted tight to the blower and it flips over. If you plan on carrying the unit in one hand, and using the blower end with the other, its very awkward again due to the stiff hose wanting to bang into the paint and drag all over the ground.
    I have the Air Force model that was originally bought for dog grooming. Does a good job with the dogs, but I prefer the electric Toro leaf blower to dry the car due to the whole maneuverability angle. The Master Blaster has wheels though, so that should not be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

but I prefer the electric Toro leaf blower to dry the car due to the whole maneuverability angle. The Master Blaster has wheels though, so that should not be a problem.
    I prefer the Toro Ultra Leaf blower too.

Post Thanks / Like

Master Blaster is the deal for car care specifically. Lots of blowing power.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Master Blaster is the deal for car care specifically. Lots of blowing power.
    for a detailer pro you can't go wrong with this blower.Kind expensive for a weekend warrior.