autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Waxing a large SUV

When waxing a large SUV, such as Cadillac truck or Suburban with racks on it, how do you wax the roof? do you remove the racks? or?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxing a large SUV

You have a few option, but first you'll need some work platforms to reach. I usually wax SUV roofs with a 4" or 5.5" LC HT crimson pad via DA and do not remove the tracks. It's fast and allows you to use the tool for additional reach. Areas that are too tight are waxed by hand.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

usually the racks are adjustable. if you cant get the pad under the rack, move the racks back or forward a few inches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I waxed my Pathfinder yesterday for the first time using my new GG6 using Bilt Hamber Finis. I was in my single car garage, which the truck barely fits in. It was a real PIA because there is hardly any room between the wall and the panels for me to open the door, no less work. Not to mention there are shelves and I kept knocking stuff over.

But working outside would have been easier. I used a red CCS 6.5" pads with a Griots 6.5" BP. Then for smaller sections, I switched to a LC 3" BP w/ a LC 3" crimson pad.

On the roof, I stand on a Werner Work Platform & slide the roof rack back and forth. One downside was, when I was done I had 2 pads to get wax out of, and one of them was 6.5". I'm a bit obsessed with cleaning pads, I have to get all the wax out. So, it was more cleanup.

Post Thanks / Like

I also want to know how you polish the roof of some SUVs that have those bars that run the entire length of the roof, sort of like canals.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a WOWA sealant like Blackfire Crystal Seal and I use it often. No heavy buffing needed. Use a AIO product the first time if in good shape to prep.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

since i leveled the front of my ram, i can no longer polish the truck roof in the garage...my ceiling is so low its not even funny!!
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    I also want to know how you polish the roof of some SUVs that have those bars that run the entire length of the roof, sort of like canals.
    3" LC Hydrotech or 4" CG Hex Logic Pads on a 3" BP; while standing on Werner Work Platform. I would be great if battery technology would allow for a cordless DA. Maybe something where 3 batteries could do a whole car.