autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Non regretful detailing product purchase

1Z Cockpit Premium. So quick, easy, and satisfying to use on car interiors, laptops, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Porter Cable 7424 XP
    ONR
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Reload
    DG 901
    Cobra drying towels
    OptiCoat
    Flex DA
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Post Thanks / Like

Meguires DA Microfiber system, D300 and D301 So easy to use and perform paint corrections with
    Mercedes C230 Sport edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Black fire wet diamond all the way. By far my favorite product ever

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to put Menzerna Power Lock sealant...What a great product, adds such a nice wet smooth look to paint

I was going to put klasse AIO but I think Menzerna Power Lock looks better and is more durable
    Mercedes C230 Sport edition

Post Thanks / Like

• My Flex 3401 - it just works.
    • Menzerna 106FA (now PF4000) - nice one step gloss enhancer or finishing polish
    • ONR but now we have a lot more good choices
    • Microfiber
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, so many..

1. Any AG house brand product. For some reason I always expect them to be so-so. I always find they are class leading products. I'm not sure how they do it; if they are "blenders" or manufacturers - either way its always great stuff

2. Chemical Guys high dilution products: Wether it's Sticky Wheel Cleaner (1:6) or Mr Pink (1oz : 5 gallon) these products are a great deal and just work. For the price of 16 oz of wheel cleaner, you can make 96 oz of wheel cleaner.

3. PC 7424 (original): still using this as my only DA and it works great. With the correct pads, technique, and product is has more power than I need. It seems like a lot of people want the most powerful DA, then get it only to realize it burns pads and isn't reliable. Maybe I got a good machine, but on 5 or 6 my machine doesn't bog down at all. I rarely use it on anything but speed 5.

4. Karcher 2.360 Pressure Washer: this is one of the cheapest machines they make and it has been perfect for my use . Anyone who doesn't have a pressure washer and it using a hose, its really nice to have pressurized water to clean wheels and such.

5. MicroFiber Tech Towels: I have been buying the bulk of my towels from this place for a while. Their towels are of the highest quality and much cheaper than any detailing place. Their 600 gsm is the best I've found for waterless washes and their 406 gsm Korean towel is the best towel in its weight range I've ever seen.

6. 303 Aerospace Fabric Protector: everyone recommends RaggTop. The problem I have with that product isn't the formula, but the aerosol delivery method. There is a ton of overspray on glass, etc... when using it. So much of it gets wasted.

Every 6 months or so I fill a shot glass with 303 and paint it on my clean convertible top with a boars hair paint brush very thick. I let it dry overnight. No matter how thick I paint it on, it always dries perfect. Water beading is extreme.

7. Daytona Wheel Brushes: the only way to clean barrels. The fact that you can bend them and that they come on two sizes pretty much means they can get behind spokes where Wheel Woolies can't. Also they are great for cleaning wheel wells.

8. Montana Boars Hair 10" Wash Brush and Extendable Handle and the Wheel Brush: these boars hair brushes are great. Before the wheel brush, I wash cleaning wheel faces with a towel. Never again. So much easier to use this brush and they are well built.

The handle in the 10" Wash Brush is made in China garbage. I've already broke two. However, the brush itself fits any pole and is a must for washing the roofs on SUVs

People say they scratch, but I just haven't seem it. You just have to be super careful. I rinse the brush with a hose, then dip it in the rinse bucket. If the brush is clean it won't scratch. It really makes washing a truck or SUV much easier.

9. Werner Work Platform: best $40 you can spend. It's a ladder, a bench, a place to sit and eat your lunch! They are sturdy and fold up to easily fit in a trunk. I bring mine to the local swirl o matic DIY car wash when I'm using their bay for a waterless wash. I use it constantly. I even put up a special hook in my garage to hang it up on.

10. Tuff Shine on my daily driver: no more scrubbing or cleaning tires. I've never got to the point where the tires where dull, I just top it off now and then. That also means less times I have to clean an applicator. The tires consistently look good.

11. MTM Hydro Foamer: Foaming is just fun. Plus it's better as a pre wash than just rinsing.

9. Likes 1500canoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR
    Poliseal
    V07
    Bfwd
    Cg ez-creme

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum hyper polish, CG Black Light V07, Souveran paste wax.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast