autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Are you within the return if not happy period? If the problem continues, maybe to to customer service and return it.
    Yes. Believe I’ve still got a month and a half. I keep giving it a try and making sure I’m doing thing correctly with it - bigger gauge extension, holding it differently, letting it cool down after each small section. Everyone on here (though not on the sister forum) seems to love it and is convinced I’m doing it wrong (see the vibration thread started by someone else). Find myself using my PC with 3” on larger and larger sections.

Add Black Wow to the list - even though I really like it’s creator.
    Also disappointed I didn’t get to Opt Hyperpolish before it solidified.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Yes. Believe I’ve still got a month and a half. I keep giving it a try and making sure I’m doing thing correctly with it - bigger gauge extension, holding it differently, letting it cool down after each small section. Everyone on here (though not on the sister forum) seems to love it and is convinced I’m doing it wrong (see the vibration thread started by someone else). Find myself using my PC with 3” on larger and larger sections.

Add Black Wow to the list - even though I really like it’s creator.
    Also disappointed I didn’t get to Opt Hyperpolish before it solidified.
    I don't think anything you do at this point will change your mind.

Return it if you can and try something else.

3. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, given a little more thought, something else came to mind, echoing an earlier post, MTM Foam Cannon and associated foam shampoosky. It worked as it should - shooting up that foam, but too much set up with the PW, fittings and hose and not an inexpensive item to boot. That just may go on Craigslist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Right now I’d have to say the Griot’s G9. Trying to like it but keep feeling I tossed $150 down the toilet. It does have more power but more vibration than my PC. Between the vibration and the heat around the brushes, very disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Are you within the return if not happy period? If the problem continues, maybe to to customer service and return it.
    Agree with Bob. Griot's will gladly listen to you and most certainly will offer to replace it.

I have the G9 and the vibration is minimal IMO. And I have not found it to get overly hot.

It is entirely possible that you received a defective unit, Tex. But that is the good thing about Griot's. A 100% lifetime guarantee. No BS.

Give them a call, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Texchappy, bob m, MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallon of ShineSupply Clutch. Not that I don’t like it it’s actually a nice LSP.

Just I didn’t realize how much a gallon of LSP is and cost me $150

With my curiosity of other toppers just won’t use it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

M37 365 Ceramic Spray Coating. It came out at the time when TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray, WG Ceramic Spray Coating, and numerous others came out. It’s by far the lesser in all categories compared to the rivals. It says it likes a bare, prepped surface, as do the others obviously. And I haven’t even gotten a month out of 365 before performance is awful... usually only 2-3 weeks. And the others are more forgiving when used as toppers (not as far as streaking but as far as performance and longevity. Maybe I got a bad bottle, and I bought 3 on some mega sale hoping that M37 couldn’t make a bad product. But their ceramic line was disappointing, and 365 is the main highlight of the lineup and probably the worst.

At 22oz per bottle I’ve been using this on everything I don’t care about (toppers on old wheels, glass, door jambs, or just as a drying aid when I’m not in love with my LSP of choice. It disappoints in all cases and is definitely not worth the pain of using on door jambs.

9. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

TW Graphene Flex Wax and TW Seal and Shine (old version) have been considerable disappointments for me.

Flex Wax- I have applied the Flex Wax (1-2 sprays per panel) using both a square mf applicator and and it was always a streaky mess, regardless of the amount of product I used, ambient temperature and humidity, and tc.; tried a LC coating applicator, but experienced the same results. Flashed/dried way too quick and I always had to use the damp mf towel recommendation to remove which, combined with the effort trying to remove with a dry mf, is too much towel contact for freshly-polished paint for my liking. This product was just generally way too user-unfriendly, to the point that it was almost as bad an experience as when I used the first version of Blackfire Crystal Coat. To top it off, the protection was visually non-existent after about a week and it looked like nothing was even on the panel, if judging by the slow water sheeting. I made the mistake of purchasing two bottles of this stuff and Pepboys is refusing to accept a return for the unused bottle without a receipt, so I am stuck with it.

Seal and Shine- this had decent (nothing that stood out) short term water behavior and protection like all the YouTube videos and internet reviews and whatnot. However, under real world conditions for a car that is not garaged, is sparsely driven, and is washed bi weekly it looked like it was barely present after a month or two. When I performed my annual detail to the car I applied S&S to a panel of, I applied several other products on the other panels at the same time and they are holding up much better. I will concede that I used the old version though and that the new version may be better.

These are just my real world experiences.

11. Likes dwaleke, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage Blue Detail Sponges. They left blue bits of foam all over my seats when using them to apply Griot's 3in1 leather spray. I called them up for a refund on those.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Turtle Wax Seal N Shine.

Product loses gloss until after the first wash. Water behavior is just ok and real world longevity is only 1-2mo at most.

I'll throw the whole Hybrid Solutions line in here too. Wet Wax is the only good thing there and that is a dust and pollen magnet.

Meguiar's Fast Finish wasn't great either.

Pretty much every version of CarPro Reload.

I either gave all these away or dumped them.

Post Thanks / Like

Grit Guard Pad Washer

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast