autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You don't need to wait days in between additional coats. 45 min to 1 hour is what is recommended by CarPro. Also Reload can be applied 1 hour after the last coat of CQUK. It is recommended to wait at least 7 days before it gets wet or is washed. Reload is there to protect the coating in case it gets rained on sooner than later. I don't use Reload as it lacks the hydrophobics of Cquartz. But at the same time I am not too concerned with Rain as it does not rain here in Southern California.

What was your prep?

I have been enjoying CQUK 3.0 and and TiO2 and have been having very good results.
    I got to thinking about how I did it, and I waited an hour, actually a little over, and then applied the second coat. Not sure why I said I waited 24 hours for the second coat.

I waited as long as I could after the coating, which was 3 days, might have been 4 for all I remember LOL! But I needed to drive it, so I pulled it out and applied the Reload then. I did that more because rain was in the forecast, which happened the day after I used Reload.

I followed the directions that Carpro put out for applying the coatings. I also used their applicator sponge thing with the cloth or whatever those things are that goes over it. I don't know, maybe I did something else wrong?

I am sure I'll try something again down the road. For now, I'll just maintain the Wolfgang paint sealant that's on both my vehicle's now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Guz serious question, 3.0 with gliss or the Ti02...which one di you prefer and why

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Personal preference. They are both good. TiO2 will give more reflectivity because of the TiO2 with in the SiO2 mixture. CQUK 3.0 will form the hard layer between the two but don't buy too much into the hardness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Your simply not following directions. Not the directions on the bottle (they’re BS) - but the uber super secret directions that are only mentioned by a guy on a forum via a post I can no longer find. Mods deleted it because it mentioned a brand of special coating towel they don’t sell.
    Most regretted detailing product purchaseMost regretted detailing product purchaseMost regretted detailing product purchase
    Your recent posts have been very witty and entertaining, just the right amount of common sense without being offensive. A much needed breath of fresh air or reality check if you will... I can dig it.Most regretted detailing product purchase

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jetseal Matte from Chemical Guys is the worst product I’ve ever bought. Regardless of how it is applied, it leaves streaks and swirls that are extremely difficult to get off, regardless of technique. Terrible product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
    Jetseal Matte from Chemical Guys is the worst product I’ve ever bought. Regardless of how it is applied, it leaves streaks and swirls that are extremely difficult to get off, regardless of technique. Terrible product.
    You must be pissed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
    The regular version of Jet Seal is also terrible. Not so much for streaking, just terrible durability.

7. Likes Ryobi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I’d have to say the Griot’s G9. Trying to like it but keep feeling I tossed $150 down the toilet. It does have more power but more vibration than my PC. Between the vibration and the heat around the brushes, very disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Right now I’d have to say the Griot’s G9. Trying to like it but keep feeling I tossed $150 down the toilet. It does have more power but more vibration than my PC. Between the vibration and the heat around the brushes, very disappointed.
    Are you within the return if not happy period? If the problem continues, maybe to to customer service and return it.

10. Likes Texchappy, oneheadlite, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Regrets, I've had a few
    But then again too few to mention - BS, but I'll confine it to detailing products...

Griot's older foam sprayer - leaked - so did the second one.

BeadMaker phew, certainly did not live up to the hype. Got close to a gallon and will box it up with a 1/2 dozen or so products that are ok, but I'm not gonna use. Anyone in NE NJ wants to stop by and pick them up, send me a PM.

Griot's Glass Cleaner - Griot's Wheel Cleaner - not a real regret, they work perfectly fine, just nuthin' special.

Griot's new Wheel Wash Mitts, not as thick as I was expecting, so I'll repurpose them for something (god only knows what).

Not picking on Griot's. it's just that I have way more off their products then anyone else's. All things being equal, few companies hit all home runs and I remain a very happy GG customer.

12. Likes dwaleke, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax net shield
    Armourall tire coating
    1st version of Carpro Reload
    Glen -

Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast