autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Liquid Seal vs Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

Can someone help me with the differences between the new Wolfgang Liquid Seal and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0? Besides spray vs liquid.
    "Born to Cruise, Forced to Work"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Liquid Seal vs Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

the spray also doesnt have to haze and be wiped off. Im sure WGDGPS will outlast the spray tho.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

I believe its just introduced to fill in the gap of spray sealant... to remain competitive against Opti-seal and others. I dont expect anything special or out of this world from this new product. I am sure it wont be any better than WGDGPS 3.0.

Lets see what are the reviews who use it. Will appreciate if anyone make its comparative review with Opti-seal or any other spray sealants of the same nature.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kinalyx View Post
    the spray also doesnt have to haze and be wiped off. Im sure WGDGPS will outlast the spray tho.
    That's an interesting argument...I could argue that since a WOWA is so much easier to apply than a traditional sealant, that even if it only lasts half as long as WGDGPS I'd be inclined to apply the WOWA twice as often.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a more fair comparison would be to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant, since both are spray sealants.

I would say the biggest difference is that Liquid Seal is a WOWA. Also based of Liquid Seal's product page, it appears it may have more UV protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That's an interesting argument...I could argue that since a WOWA is so much easier to apply than a traditional sealant, that even if it only lasts half as long as WGDGPS I'd be inclined to apply the WOWA twice as often.
    But what about the "do it right the first time" logic? If I apply WGDGPS once and say get 6 months out of it, then I wouldn't want to have to apply Liquid Seal again in say 3 months, especially during the winter. This is considering that prior to applying Liquid Seal again I would potentially again need to clay and strip the paint before hand, to give it the best chance of longevity.

That wasn't meant to come out argumentative/harsh, but rather one of those what if scenarios. But indeed an interesting argument to pose.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris's FX4 View Post
    But what about the "do it right the first time" logic? If I apply WGDGPS once and say get 6 months out of it, then I wouldn't want to have to apply Liquid Seal again in say 3 months, especially during the winter. This is considering that prior to applying Liquid Seal again I would potentially again need to clay and strip the paint before hand, to give it the best chance of longevity.
    I'm not sure either of these products would make it through a Michigan winter (I'd want something like Colly 476S or Meg's #16). Weather aside, I think I'd try to apply the WOWA sealant at a short enough interval to not need to clay etc. beforehand. There is some argument to be made that the traditional spring/fall strip/clay/polish/seal regimen is defeated by the spray wax/sealant after every wash, WOWA once a month regimen...perhaps dropping your polishing session to once a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that!! This is what I tell everyone that I recommend the product to - even non-autogeek friends. And once you try either WGDGPS or BFCS, you'll be amazed. I've just experimented with four coats on white paint - fantastic results in a fraction of the time it would take to apply a traditional sealant or wax. I'm hooked.

Think a lot of us are old school in that if it doesn't break your back going on, it can't be doing the job. With the revolution in chemistry that's hit the car detailing industry in the last 5-10 years, think you have to view all of this in a different light. Just because these WOWA sealants are super easy to apply, doesn't mean that won't last.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure either of these products would make it through a Michigan winter (I'd want something like Colly 476S or Meg's #16). Weather aside, I think I'd try to apply the WOWA sealant at a short enough interval to not need to clay etc. beforehand. There is some argument to be made that the traditional spring/fall strip/clay/polish/seal regimen is defeated by the spray wax/sealant after every wash, WOWA once a month regimen...perhaps dropping your polishing session to once a year.
    2 coats of WGDGPS has lasted me through the last 2 Michigan winters very well. All good points though made by you. I guess only time tell how well Liquid Seal will last.

I sure hope Nick or somebody will drop in to give us a general idea for the durability of it.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Liquid Seal has the ability to last 4 to 6 month on its own.

The 3.0 should last 6 month easily.

The Spritz should be used more like a booster, but I believe it can last month or 2 on its own.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh, if WDGPS lasts that long, I'd better try my sample!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast