autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

looking to replace LC CCS pads

im looking to add some new pads this week for my upcoming array of winter prep on 5-6 cars.

Currently i have 5.5 and 6.5 LC CCS pads, but im looking to try something new with the PC. Im not opposed to LC pads, but ive had a few delaminate from the velcro backing lately, and frankly id like to try something else.

im considering Surbuf, Optimum MF, Buff and Shine and LC hydro tech..

whats your thoughts for the PC with Menz and WG products. One car is black too (in case the surbuf and MF arent that great on black).

thanks
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm a LC user also. I want to get the CG 4" self centering pads with the hex like pattern

These look very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking to replace LC CCS pads

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Well, I'm a LC user also. I want to get the CG 4" self centering pads with the hex like pattern

These look very nice.
    I need these!! As soon as I saw the word "self centering" I was sold.
    Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a bunch of the self centering Hex pads in 4" and 6.5" they are OK. The plastic ring that makes them self centering also makes them not as easy to ring out after washing.

I mostly use a PC and Flex DA my current favorite PC pad's would be the LC HT low profile 5.5". Low profile combined with the reduced surface area really helps to keep the pad rotating. I also like only having to deal with 3 different pads. They are dense enough that product doesn't soak in so fast and finish out real nice. For a little extra bling I might reach for a different pad choice but 99% of the time they do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

Currently use LC CCS myself, but after doing some research LC Hybrid seems to be a great product. So it'll be my next purchase.
    In short:
    1. For heavy compounding use LC MF pads with holes in a BP (to dispense heat), and
    2. For everything else, use Hybrid pads.
    Vlad
    Detailing Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
    Currently i have 5.5 and 6.5 LC CCS pads, but im looking to try something new with the PC. Im not opposed to LC pads, but ive had a few delaminate from the velcro backing lately, and frankly id like to try something else.
    I really like the LC HydroTech pads, but the new LC Hybrid pads are supposed to be even better (even if they kind of reversed the colors to make it confusing). The velcro on the HT and Hybrid pads is different than on the CCS pads, so I think you have less to worry about with them delaminating.

MF pads are also really nice, but the application of them is a bit different and the concept would seem to work best with SMAT polishes (although people do use them with the DAT polishes that you are using). Also best to have an air compressor (even a little cheap one) to clean the MF pad between passes for best results.

Unless you've got something that's really bad, I don't think you're going to need the Surbuf.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the simplicity of the Hydrotech pad lineup. I have the 5.5 7/8 size and love what they can do with a D/A. I think the small wafer size pads are the way to go. You can exert so much more pressure and still keep the pad spinning as opposed to the the larger thicker size of the 6.5

Post Thanks / Like

I think that if you have had delam issues with CCS pads then using the same technique you could run into the same issue with most other pads. I have a couple HT pads that have velcro issue; I believe only cyan cutting pads though. The cyan's are not as dense therefore can degrade quicker. Especially if using 4" pads on a DA at higher speed settings where you can really build heat up in the back of the pad. That said I would give the HT's a try especially the 5.5" ones. If the 5.5 inch by 1.25 inch cyan pads were still available I would say try those because they are more durable for heavy compounding; the cyan's start to deteriorate after seveal compounding cycles. That said the HT tangerine pad is one the most versatile pads as it can be used with finishing polishes or most compounds with great results; I love using it with Menz SIP. If you are gonna try out any type of mf pads I would go with LC's pads as they seem to have put quite a bit of R&D into their's especially with making DA specific and rotary specific versions. I mean at the least you can get one of each of what you want to try right now and then when the holiday sales hit you can stuck up on what you like best.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys for all the advice...

ill let you know how i make out...think ill try the ht's...
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune