autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Armor All, yes I did!

I know if I were to make such a derogatory post on almost any other forum, I would get mega flamed

But in a galaxy long ago, in a place far far away, when I was just 18 and I bought my first new car, I did not know any better. Quite frankly I bet half of these awesome products were not even around then (1991). I digress, I was still an obsessive car nut, and even though my car was a relatively inexpensive Nissan Sentra, I still wanted it to look awesome. I took plenty of pride in keeping her as nice as I knew how (knowledge is what I lacked). Of course, that meant scouring the aisles of the big box store and auto parts stores for products. I religiously used Armor All on the interior. Nice and glossy (my tastes have since changed).

Well, recently I got the car back from a 8 month hiatus (it was at a body shop getting a repaint, and I told them to take their time, they did) and it needed a wash. The interior was dusty and dirty. So, I did what I knew how to do when I was 18 and got out my trusty old Armor All. Yes I did. Not ashamed. The inside of that car has not ever seen another interior protectant, not going to switch it up now. Armor All was good to me.

Of course my current cars get my $39 bottle of UIGP (on bogo right now!!!)...but my trusty 91 SE-R, Armor All it will always be!

Thanks for reading!

Jaret

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I used Armor All, yes I did!

Right with you (although a little older)! I can remember using Comet cleanser and a scrub brush to get my BFG Radial T/A letters white. Of course, after that, they were doused with Armor All. I used dish soap all the time with the same scrap of a beach towel as a rag.
    I remember the first time a friend of mine brought a spray on wheel and tire cleaner. I was almost done with the 1st tire and he was done with the other 3 tires and wheels. And they looked far better than the one I was sweating over.
    Ah, science advancements, how we love thee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I know if I were to make such a derogatory post on almost any other forum, I would get mega flamed

But in a galaxy long ago, in a place far far away, when I was just 18 and I bought my first new car, I did not know any better. Quite frankly I bet half of these awesome products were not even around then (1991). I digress, I was still an obsessive car nut, and even though my car was a relatively inexpensive Nissan Sentra, I still wanted it to look awesome. I took plenty of pride in keeping her as nice as I knew how (knowledge is what I lacked). Of course, that meant scouring the aisles of the big box store and auto parts stores for products. I religiously used Armor All on the interior. Nice and glossy (my tastes have since changed).

Well, recently I got the car back from a 8 month hiatus (it was at a body shop getting a repaint, and I told them to take their time, they did) and it needed a wash. The interior was dusty and dirty. So, I did what I knew how to do when I was 18 and got out my trusty old Armor All. Yes I did. Not ashamed. The inside of that car has not ever seen another interior protectant, not going to switch it up now. Armor All was good to me.

Of course my current cars get my $39 bottle of UIGP (on bogo right now!!!)...but my trusty 91 SE-R, Armor All it will always be!

Thanks for reading!

Jaret
    We all start somewhere
    "Hard work always beats talent, if talent don't work hard."

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: I used Armor All, yes I did!

Me too, all the above, with a '59 Rambler station wagon, before dates on the weekends in the late '60's. (I know - I'm old). Push button transmission (honest), and no power steering or power brakes, or AC, or cruise control. It did have a clock and an AM radio! The paint job stunk, but I didn't help it much. Brillo pads on the white walls. Spray Pam non-stick on the nose after Love Bugs arrived in Florida. I remember the glare from the dash on the windshield was so bad you could only see out of the top half. Who knew? But then again, pro athletes were still doing smoking commercials. I gave it up when I could finally afford my first new car, and I just could not bring myself to make the interior shiny and slick...But - I still think people will be detailing their transport pods a hundred years from now!

Post Thanks / Like

you're not a true detailer if you've never used armorall! you also aren't one if you still use it! lol generally speaking

Post Thanks / Like

This is a walk down memory lane. Back in the days, I remember having Armor-all all over my clothes. I used to soak the car with it .

Post Thanks / Like

anyone ever use those glass wipes out of the pull out containers that would always streak for me and leave little particles on the glass? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    anyone ever use those glass wipes out of the pull out containers that would always streak for me and leave little particles on the glass? lol
    Lmaooo no, but I did use those Armor-All Orange scented wipes for the interior
    "Hard work always beats talent, if talent don't work hard."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wgarrjr View Post
    Brillo pads on the white walls.
    Yeah, that or SOS pads were the shiznits on whitewalls...and Mom always wondered how she used them up so fast...ain't it great we have blackwalls now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    ...got out my trusty old Armor All.
    ...Yes I did.
    ...Not ashamed.
    ...Armor All was good to me.

-Nothing to be ashamed of as far as I'm concerned!
    -Glad to hear you are still using the gold-standard-of-dressings, Jaret!
    (And it's been VOC compliant for a good while now.)

-This is the product that all the other dressings-maker have strived to compete with.

Some dressings-makers' products never have achieved its lofty status;
    some have come close; some have even claimed to have overpassed it.

Out of curiosoty...
    What's the noted difference(s) in your usage of UIGP on your current vehicles,
    versus that of ArmorAll on the 91 SE-R?

IMO...If ArmorAll has been able to help preserve your 91, and its now antiquated-use
    of materials, it should fair well on today's more "modern-materials"...
    most of which are recycled "old-stuff", anyway.

Also, IMO...
    The fact that your still happy with how ArmorAll has performed on/for at least one
    of your vehicles for over 20 years now, is all the testimonial that the good
    folks at ArmorAll, as well as myself, needs to ever hear...

Not whom is, or is not, a "Detailer"!!!

BTW: I'm kinda jealous of the guys that had access to all those
    new-fangled-gadgets--like Brillo/Sos pads...when they were young lads.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast