autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829
    Post Thanks / Like
    AJ:
    You arw the man with the most badest buffer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Junkman's, The Mother of All "How to Fix Your Paint for Novices" Thread!

Junkman has a brand new video up on how to address removal of bird droppings, tree sap etc when you're stuck away from home (eg work, out to lunch, etc). Just what the Doctor ordered. Watch as the leatherneck flicks bird droppings across his garage (kick up your feet...but save the popcorn; not exactly an appetizing video).

Another fine, common sense video from A Brutha' in His Garage Productions.

Thanks AJ!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Junkman! As I've gotten older I am finding a new appreciation for taking care of my vehicles. I plan on polishing and waxing my car for the first time this upcoming weekend. Your videos (and others) provided me with the needed information and motivation.

Keep up the good work, I find your videos both informational and entertaining!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Junkman: In your two-bucket wash series, you mention treating remaining water spots by using a detail spray. Do you you ever do the whole car with detail spray (claying notwithstanding)? I would think that if you are washing, polishing and waxing/sealing the Junkman way, there'd be no need for detail spray as part of a regular regimen (other than to hit water spots). Am I correct?

Thanks, Mike

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, last evening I broke out the PC7424XP for the first time. I attached the orange pad, put 4 pea sized drops of M105 on it, and started on my first 1-1/2' by 1-1/2' section. This is going to take some getting used to (and I was by the book). What I didn't count on was my brain feeling like how those swirls looked. I kept hearing: "you goin' too fast," "now you goin' too slow" "you applyin' too much pressure" "you ain't gonna get this done in no one day" "your pea size is too big, you gonna clog them pads." Another component of my brain was trying to focus on the beat of Copacabana, but instead I heard Barry Manilow singing: " I paid someone to do this for me, la-la-la-la-la, because I couldn't be bothered, dum-de- dum..." In the end, I have no idea if I did the job right, even though I saw what "flashing" looks like and my untrained eye didn't see anymore swirls.

I just learned the most valuable lesson. Videos can tell you to be confident ("let me show you how easy and enjoyable it is using Furd's Diamond Glunk while working on this two-day old, swirl free Abigaducci"), but don't be fooled. Plowing through the failures and hanging on to the small successes (most notably the former) is where it's at. It's not all enjoyable after all, especially when confidence is at an ebb. I actually had to turn the machine on to really "get it." I'll be back at it tonight, though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G. View Post
    Well, last evening I broke out the PC7424XP for the first time. I attached the orange pad, put 4 pea sized drops of M105 on it, and started on my first 1-1/2' by 1-1/2' section. This is going to take some getting used to (and I was by the book). What I didn't count on was my brain feeling like how those swirls looked. I kept hearing: "you goin' too fast," "now you goin' too slow" "you applyin' too much pressure" "you ain't gonna get this done in no one day" "your pea size is too big, you gonna clog them pads." Another component of my brain was trying to focus on the beat of Copacabana, but instead I heard Barry Manilow singing: " I paid someone to do this for me, la-la-la-la-la, because I couldn't be bothered, dum-de- dum..." In the end, I have no idea if I did the job right, even though I saw what "flashing" looks like and my untrained eye didn't see anymore swirls.

I just learned the most valuable lesson. Videos can tell you to be confident ("let me show you how easy and enjoyable it is using Furd's Diamond Glunk while working on this two-day old, swirl free Abigaducci"), but don't be fooled. Plowing through the failures and hanging on to the small successes (most notably the former) is where it's at. It's not all enjoyable after all, especially when confidence is at an ebb. I actually had to turn the machine on to really "get it." I'll be back at it tonight, though...
    Did you put a black sharpie mark on the backing plate? I found that tip very helpful. The PC is very user friendly.

Try having a spray bottle close by so you can spray the 105 before it starts flashing so you could keep working.

Practice on one spot, figure that out then just repeat for the entire car.

The copacabana song was playing in my head too, lol
    Dang Junkman, he's great!

I could pay someone to do it for me, but I just get so much joy with the before and after results, and if you take pictures, you have something to show and brag about.

The Rupes will be part of my arsenal pretty soon. (Loved it)

Congrats on your first detail!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G. View Post
    Another component of my brain was trying to focus on the beat of Copacabana, but instead I heard Barry Manilow singing:
    "I paid someone to do this for me, la-la-la-la-la, because I couldn't be bothered, dum-de-dum..."

I just learned the most valuable lesson.
    Hopefully, then, this means there will be no more "Manilow-Crap"...Ever!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, but I've only gotten to that one square section and I'm still not sure it's as good as I can get it. I'm still figuring out how to eye the paint properly...

Post Thanks / Like

How someone hasn't snatched this guy up to represent their brand is beyond me.

Junkman's, "Machine Polishing for Novices to Paint Correction" - YouTube

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829