autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most "resistant" LSPs

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    OC/OG or CQ will be the best protection you can get. Use UWW on the bugs to help remove them. Spray on, let dwell and wipe off. Or even better, spray on, let dwell, remove with ONR. UWW can dry on the paint, it's a great product for bug removal as it's so safe.
    I currently use UWW+, ONR, etc. to keep bugs off as much as possible. However if the car leaves the garage during love bug season, some bugs are going to spend at least "some" time on the car.

For example I took a 6 hour road trip and got killed by bugs last weekend, unless I pulled over hourly, there was nothing I could do about letting those bastards cook under the Florida sun.

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Seems like allot of work for a year. Why not use OptiGuard for indefinate protection or Wolf's Hard Body for 2 years?
    I have Hard Body in the garage, but I haven't really used it yet. One question about that, if the coatings can be polished off with light polish, I would think acidic bug guts would have the potential to burn through the coating as well. (if they can burn through clearcoat, I imagine they can burn through a coating) This would leave gaps in the coating.

I would think a reapplication of Hardbody/Opti-coat to certain panels would be required after every road trip. In that case -- does having a coating really buy you anything for a car that is properly maintained? I'd be reapplying monthly anyway.

If it protected better, it would make sense to go with a coating, but I don't know if there are any 845 vs. Wolf's/Opticoat tests out there to prove that. I know there is a lot out there for longevity, but not necessarily protection.

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    Great question. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that say the hard carnaubas like M16 and the Collinites do provide better protection. FK1000P appears to be one of the strongest contenders. That said, I've never seen any sort of scientific review.
    Thanks -- the thought in bringing this thread up was to see if there was any data available about which products would protect the best, even if it is anecdotal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReflectiveAuto View Post
    Not sure what that other stuff costs off hand but for the Nanoskin Shield sealant I get it for $10.99 free shipping and thats a huge discount. Its good having contacts that hook me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by aray View Post
    ...the thought in bringing this thread up was to see if there was any data available about which products would protect the best, even if it is anecdotal!
    There are reports of it lasting for 1 year
    -It appears that I'm not the only:
    "Enquiring mind" that needs to know!!!

Bob
    Last edited by FUNX650; 09-18-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

There are reports of it lasting for 1 year
    dont say that

Post Thanks / Like

I'll stick with bfwdps Then Nuba topped and v7 upkeep if I had serious bug problems id look into poor boys bug squash

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Wolf's version, which appears to be a similar product to the Griots. It was a neat idea and I use it from time to time. The negatives are it's kind of difficult to remove without using a lot of water, which makes it tough if you want to remove with waterless wash. It also took a lot of my LSP with it when removed.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, klasse offered the best bird poop/tree sap/bug resistance. I've used collinite 845, megs 26, megs gold class carnuba plus, duragloss 501 and 105, and armor all extreme shield wax (I know, I know. but its a very interesting lsp). With klasse, I could pretty easily remove the stuff with QD and a decent microfiber. everything else took a bit more work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    -It appears that I'm not the only:
    "Enquiring mind" that needs to know!!!

Bob
    I looked up this Nanoskin Shield stuff...
    - that video was from 2009
    - its not a product listed on their web site
    - they do list a product "Glass Molecule" that must be applied with a spray gun, maybe shield is an adaptation of that?
    - the web site is littered with buzzwords, it's a bit confusing
    - I can only find one vendor who sells the Shield product, all the other popular online supply houses that sell Nanoskin do not sell them Shield stuff.
    - I can't find a review anywhere (except YouTube posts by the vendor, or retailer)

I guess I'm skeptical. If this is true nano-coating technology that has been tested in the field for 3 years or more, and sells for $25 retail, somebody do an honest review ASAP.

Just to be clear - have not used the product, it very well may be the best thing since sliced bread, but from where I stand something seems weird here.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kline39 View Post
    For me, klasse offered the best bird poop/tree sap/bug resistance. I've used collinite 845, megs 26, megs gold class carnuba plus, duragloss 501 and 105, and armor all extreme shield wax (I know, I know. but its a very interesting lsp). With klasse, I could pretty easily remove the stuff with QD and a decent microfiber. everything else took a bit more work.
    +1 Klasse topped with 915 or 845 seems to do pretty good with bugs. My wife's jeep eats them up and has been easier to work with using that combo

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aray View Post
    I looked up this Nanoskin Shield stuff...
    - that video was from 2009
    - its not a product listed on their web site
    - they do list a product "Glass Molecule" that must be applied with a spray gun, maybe shield is an adaptation of that?
    - the web site is littered with buzzwords, it's a bit confusing
    - I can only find one vendor who sells the Shield product, all the other popular online supply houses that sell Nanoskin do not sell them Shield stuff.
    - I can't find a review anywhere (except YouTube posts by the vendor, or retailer)

I guess I'm skeptical. If this is true nano-coating technology that has been tested in the field for 3 years or more, and sells for $25 retail, somebody do an honest review ASAP.

Just to be clear - have not used the product, it very well may be the best thing since sliced bread, but from where I stand something seems weird here.
    I'll have it in a few days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast