autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Yeah the sun shines in all 50 states, so I'll never understand why some have laws while others don't. I get the "safety" thing. It's like the front plate law, some states have it while others don't and I don't wanna hear "it takes a tool out of our toolbox" either! You've got a description of the car and pull them over from behind, GET RID OF ITThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

5:44 a.m. about to head into workThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Law enforcement cant see inside the vehicle if its all blacked out.

Its all about safety.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    It's a different world over here, Australia is the melanoma (skin cancer) capital of the world, you're much more likely to die from that than a bad guy hiding behind tinted windows.

If the bad guy wants to get away over here, they just drive fast on the wrong side of the road, the pursuit will be called off, every time.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

Is there any particular reason it's not allowed, and how many other states don't allow it?

It actually has less to do with the cops being able to see in your car [I’ve actually never heard that as a legit reason for it being law] but more so You being able to see pedestrians at night. That actually has proven to be a valid point for me as I once had a close call and nearly ran someone over 1 night. Didn’t see them until the last second! Lol.

6. Likes opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's like the front plate law, some states have it while others don't and I don't wanna hear "it takes a tool out of our toolbox" either! You've got a description of the car and pull them over from behind, GET RID OF ITThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Now That they can kiss my arse on… The way I see it, if it’s a known fact by just about all men in the world that Corvettes should never have a front license plate and therefore they’re given a pass by all, then damnit why should my Cadillac be required to have 1? I’ll put a plate of my choice. This is Mercia!The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going through some old pics and found these two of my last car, a Holden Berlina International. I can't remember what I was using on it, but check out that gloss. It was about 8 years ago, so it was probably Duragloss stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I was going through some old pics and found these two of my last car, a Holden Berlina International. I can't remember what I was using on it, but check out that gloss. It was about 8 years ago, so it was probably Duragloss stuff.

Wagons are sooooo cool, especially THAT oneThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

11. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Now That they can kiss my arse on… The way I see it, if it’s a known fact by just about all men in the world that Corvettes should never have a front license plate and therefore they’re given a pass by all, then damnit why should my Cadillac be required to have 1? I’ll put a plate of my choice. This is Mercia!
    Let me start by saying that none of my vehicles have a front plate (I make sure to let the dealers know if they screw a plate holder into my bumper they will loose the sale). That being said I know not having one is illegal in my state and I’m exposing myself to hassle (by being pulled over and/or ticketed) and cost and hassle of paying tickets. But I understand the cost of my actions and I choose to run without a front plate anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epilogts View Post
    Let me start by saying that none of my vehicles have a front plate (I make sure to let the dealers know if they screw a plate holder into my bumper they will loose the sale). That being said I know not having one is illegal in my state and I’m exposing myself to hassle (by being pulled over and/or ticketed) and cost and hassle of paying tickets. But I understand the cost of my actions and I choose to run without a front plate anyway.
    You are certainly not alone.

I work for a Ford dealer, and I am in charge of all incoming vehicles and the entire lot in general.

The sales staff and/or service manager give me a list of incoming retail (factory order) vehicles that the buyers DO NOT want the front plate brackets installed. Mostly Mustangs (as you could imagine), but also full-sized Bronco's.

The minute those vehicles hit the lot, I remove the front plate brackets from the trunk or interior of them and bring them to the parts desk.

The reason we do this is so that one of our techs does not mistakenly install it.

(This happened in 2021 to one of our first Bronco's, and we had to eat the cost of sending it to the body shop for repair).

On a Bronco, the front plate bracket requires drilling into the front bumper........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

14. Likes Bdubbs, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wagons are sooooo cool, especially THAT oneThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Agreed. One of my 1st jobs was working at a JDM go fast shop in the late 90’s. The owner was a couple years older than me so we where both into cars majorly. He use to get a Magazine from Japan called Options.

I’d be amazed at all the beautiful twin turbo’d wagons they would have in their. I was especially partial to the Honda’s and Suburu’s.

Love all the Euro Wagons too.

Wish chevy would have made the discontinued SS in a wagon.

Beautiful ride [mention]Big Dave [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Big Dave liked this post
Page 890 of 966 FirstFirst ... 390790840880881882883884885886887888889890891892893894895896897898899900940 ... LastLast