autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    There's something soothing about washing your car while it rains outsideThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread The car is looking awesome, how are you liking the Stinger so far?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I can agree with this, although my neighbors think I'm nuts!

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished work early today, giving me some time to get the XR6 out from under it's cover.

The trip to my favorite roads allows enough time to warm up the vital fluids before attacking a few sweeping bends, a couple of hairpins and some nice smooth straights to extend the engine. It's far enough out of town to be a somewhat safe way to put my cars through their paces, a challenge on the the brakes, steering, engine and gearbox. Needless to say, the XR6 got a decent whipping this afternoon.

4. Likes SNP209, Klasse Act, Big Dave, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Finished work early today, giving me some time to get the XR6 out from under it's cover.

The trip to my favorite roads allows enough time to warm up the vital fluids before attacking a few sweeping bends, a couple of hairpins and some nice smooth straights to extend the engine. It's far enough out of town to be a somewhat safe way to put my cars through their paces, a challenge on the the brakes, steering, engine and gearbox. Needless to say, the XR6 got a decent whipping this afternoon.
    This is my favorite car in your collectionThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First real snow/rain over top of my wife's freshly coated car. 1 Layer of UK 3.0 topped with 1 more layers of CarPro SiC. SUPER Slick and very glossy. Has great contact angles but still a notch below GYEON Skin. I still love the product and will likely move all by upper level coatings over to CarPro simply because GYEON will not make the Skin product/topper available to me outside the full Syncro Kit. Love the product but SiC can do in 1-2 layers what GYEON requires 2-3 and time is money and the fact that the product is far cheaper and goes 3x as far based on the sizes available....it all adds up.

IMO CarPro SiC acts a LOT like Gliss in terms of beading and water behavior. Gliss has given me about 12 mos of life on my previous cars and is still going strong on my sons car. SiC should prove far longer lasting and according to them handles pH variances better and road salt/brine which is what I deal with in the winter months.

CarPro UK 3.0 and Sic Layered (3 total layers)

For comparison, here's the beading off her Lincoln with Syncro Applied. (3 Total Layers, 2 of Mohs & 1 of Skin).

^^ Both of the above were within the first 30 days

This is Syncro after just under 3yrs:

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About to go on 2 weeks since the last washThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About to go on 2 weeks since the last washThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Now I understand why we have had the unrest in the world over the last couple of weeks...for mankind...go wash your car....please!!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow Roger!

How are you coping?????
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

As I groan at the thought of a string of 113 degree days that are approaching, part of me has me wishing for some of the coldness here!

14. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite car in your collectionThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

I has taken me a few days to process your kind comment. I'm flattered that someone on the other side of the world has a favorite among my little collection.

The blue XR6 has a special place in my heart as it represents a time in my life where I felt on top of the world.

My favorite though is the red XR8.

My cars have bit of story behind them, the XR8 is no different. This was the final model in the Falcon's 56 year history. Having factory pre-ordered one, in the lead up to the FG-X Falcon's release in 2014, I was invited to the pre-launch fan event. In 2016 I also attended the day Ford organized as a way of thanking it customers and fans of the brand.

I also love the sledge hammer in a velvet glove nature of this car. Painted in old man burgundy, it tends to slip under the radar, until of course the throttle is given a prod!

16. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I has taken me a few days to process your kind comment. I'm flattered that someone on the other side of the world has a favorite among my little collection.

The blue XR6 has a special place in my heart as it represents a time in my life where I felt on top of the world.

My favorite though is the red XR8.

My cars have bit of story behind them, the XR8 is no different. This was the final model in the Falcon's 56 year history. Having factory pre-ordered one, in the lead up to the FG-X Falcon's release in 2014, I was invited to the pre-launch fan event. In 2016 I also attended the day Ford organized as a way of thanking it customers and fans of the brand.

I also love the sledge hammer in a velvet glove nature of this car. Painted in old man burgundy, it tends to slip under the radar, until of course the throttle is given a prod!

Just a question about your cars. What year is and what engines are in the xr6 and xr8?

Really like that Xr8. Reminds me of the Chevy SS... the taurus SHO wasn’t cutting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 644 of 966 FirstFirst ... 144544594634635636637638639640641642643644645646647648649650651652653654694744 ... LastLast