autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Agreed, money is a little tight right now, wish I had done it last year when it was easier. That said, it WILL get doneThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    🥳

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

I got an intake and exhaust first, then rims for the 3 seasons and winter tires for the stock rims, WeatherTechs for the front and back and a catchcan, so I did alot last year actually. I usually get tint pretty early on but went a different route this time...now I have the curve ball life has dealt me to deal with, if its Gods will, I WILLThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I got an intake and exhaust first, then rims for the 3 seasons and winter tires for the stock rims, WeatherTechs for the front and back and a catchcan, so I did alot last year actually. I usually get tint pretty early on but went a different route this time...now I have the curve ball life has dealt me to deal with, if its Gods will, I WILLThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Yes but rule one before anything lol tint is required! You know long it took me to get my windows tinted 16.9 mins! So what my friend own a tint shop and got it for free but that's not the point....the point is it for done!!! Lol I'm kidding but rule one tint is always first so you can pull up at the light like this

5. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    From a couple days ago, just a waterless wash with ONR wash and wax, wiped down with Megs last touch detailer. Wheels got the same treatment as the paint, tires dressed with an old product I found going through supplies getting ready for my move to Florida, EcoTouch Tire Shine. Wife’s car in the background staying clean and shiny and waiting for its wash in 3 or 4 days(doing a test with 360 and DP AIO on the hood, rest of the car has Megs UFF all over).

And from a week ago after a short cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See DM you saw me just fuss above about lack of tintThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha! Actually had made plans in February to get my wife’s car(Mazda 3) tinted and quoted around $400. Unfortunately my car at the time crapped out on me and it ended up being a engine failure(never ever buy a Mini!) Then corona happened and I live paycheck to paycheck as it is, so what was going to be an early birthday present for her has been put on hold :/

As for the Miata, up until a couple days ago I had planned to sell it but will be taking it when we move to Florida. I myself tend to prefer the “Fish bowl” look myself but in Florida tints will be a must!!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What year MINI was itThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

What year MINI was itThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

2010, with 101k miles, but doesn’t matter to me, they’re all complete junk!(I have many more words for it but I can’t share that on a public forum). I only drove it about 5k miles in 9 months and in that time this is what happened:
    -1st week of ownership- thermostat housing cracked(looks like an artificial heart this thing is unnecessarily complicated and made of plastic!! Also water pipe that connects to it is plastic, $220 later it’s fixed)

-Couple months later(July 2019)- listening to the radio and the volume goes fulls blast and sounds like pure bass only, the amp blew out and it’s not a cheap fix. These are on the cars equipped with Harmon Kardon stereo “upgrade” but are known to fail.

-Constant but not always replicatable random misfire. Checking obd codes didn’t always confirm the same codes so I wasted money on plugs and coils($150). Didn’t fix it.

-Driving one day and the whole car just dies on the highway. Get to my friends who was only 5 minutes further on my 50 minute journey to his house. We scan codes and get the same misfire codes but this time all cylinders, random. Looking around online many people said high pressure fuel pump, I wasn’t covered under MINIs fuel pump “warranty” so had to buy one. Not cheap about $600.

The engine had burnt exhaust valves, bent and one valve was missing a chunk like a slice of pie missing from a full pie if that makes sense. Before anybody blames me for whatever reason, I use premium fuel, top up regularly(rarely go below half tank), check fluids and I honestly don’t beat my cars or drive them hard, I’m in my 30’s not some child!

I hope the company completely fails, goes under and never exists ever again, cars are complete junk!! Never buy and MINI and if you know somebody looking to buy one, well unless you hate them, tell them to walk away.
    God gave me all the signs that day that I shouldn’t have bought it and we’ll I didn’t listen to Him and payed a hefty bill..

(Edited to say, just talking about it still infuriated me and my heart rate and blood pressure have skyrocketed!)

Post Thanks / Like

I had a first year R56...enough saidThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Shined up my plastidip wheels and tires.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a first year R56...enough saidThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits ThreadThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

I’m truly sorry for your loss...

of money

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 591 of 966 FirstFirst ... 91491541581582583584585586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600601641691 ... LastLast