autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

I stopped by Autozone today for some parts related stuff, and as I parked, this immediately caught my eye.

At 1st glance I thought “ahh check it out, super shiny tires, a bit on the greasy side”
    But then I noticed “hmm look at that, we’ve got some swirl free paint here”

That brought a smile to my face. It’s great to see a vehicle that’s clearly being taken care of. I don’t knock anyone’s hustle. If it works for you, keep on doing it.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread I almost wish I could’ve met the owner just to give him a thumbs up.

I just noticed he’s got his side mirrors folded in. Yup, that trucks definitely being looked after.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Cars that have been looked after have a certain glimmer and gloss to them. We all notice them, I can spot them from a couple of hundred metres, just by the way they reflect the sun. It's hard to describe, but it's like the reflection is bigger, brighter, and cleaner. Sometimes up close they are a little dirty, but underneath you can tell they're looking after it.

Just once I've had someone unknown to me comment on how shiny my car was, and it made my day. I was at a takeaway waiting to pick up my order, and two women were talking, one looked outside and saw my car parked over the road, she said to her friend, "wow, look how shiny that Commodore is", I couldn't help but smile, I'd spent the whole previous day on it, wash, clay, polish, and seal. It helped that it was colour that really showed up the effort you put in.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

3. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, CleanIT, Eldorado2k, Jeeky123 and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Cars that have been looked after have a certain glimmer and gloss to them. We all notice them, I can spot them from a couple of hundred metres, just by the way they reflect the sun. It's hard to describe, but it's like the reflection is bigger, brighter, and cleaner. Sometimes up close they are a little dirty, but underneath you can tell they're looking after it.

Just once I've had someone unknown to me comment on how shiny my car was, and it made my day. I was at a takeaway waiting to pick up my order, and two women were talking, one looked outside and saw my car parked over the road, she said to her friend, "wow, look how shiny that Commodore is", I couldn't help but smile, I'd spent the whole previous day on it, wash, clay, polish, and seal. It helped that it was colour that really showed up the effort you put in.

Year and specs of that CommadoreThe Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

It was a 2005 SV6 with the GM 3.6 V6, 5 speed auto. Rated at 190kw - 255hp and 340Nm - 250lbft. But it probably had a little more, I had a sports exhaust, that was too loud, a K&N air filter, and a cold air intake, which actually sounded good, gave it a real induction growl.

It was the car that really gave me the detailing bug. The second wash after I got it, I noticed all these marks on the hood, and someone explained to me about a product dealers use called Ducofill. Basically hides all swirls and imperfections, until it gets washed a few times, like a time bomb. I did a day course run by a detailing supply shop, $50 and they gave us a free pizza lunch at the end. I spent almost $700 there the next day. I've still got a half pot of the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Wax I bought for the SV6

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, Klasse Act, DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

Cars that have been looked after have a certain glimmer and gloss to them. We all notice them, I can spot them from a couple of hundred metres, just by the way they reflect the sun. It's hard to describe, but it's like the reflection is bigger, brighter, and cleaner.
    I think it’s the accumulation of all the minor details presented into the total package.

Anyone can “wash” a car, but when you dial in things such as the wheel barrels, wheel wells, all the plastic trim, the chome exhaust shining like a mirror, not a spec of debris in the truckbed, or any fingerprints on the gloss black grill, that remarkable gleam you get from swirl free paint… It’s shiet like that that makes it stand out from the rest.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

8. Likes opie, Klasse Act, Big Dave, DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I think it’s the accumulation of all the minor details presented into the total package.

Anyone can “wash” a car, but when you dial in things such as the wheel barrels, wheel wells, all the plastic trim, the chome exhaust shining like a mirror, not a spec of debris in the truckbed, or any fingerprints on the gloss black grill, that remarkable gleam you get from swirl free paint… It’s shiet like that that makes it stand out from the rest.The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread
    True true, wheel barrels and wheel wells reall stick out to me...good indicator of a persons dedication.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

10. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, Eldorado2k, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, DFB, BudgetPlan1, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I don’t think I’m sold on the tire dressing you’ve been using. What are you getting for new tires? Or are you swapping over to the summer shoes?

Post Thanks / Like

That sure is a chick magnet!

15. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I don’t think I’m sold on the tire dressing you’ve been using. What are you getting for new tires? Or are you swapping over to the summer shoes?
    Buying new shoes. Don’t drive in the winter so will just be year round and I’ll sale the 17’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes dgage liked this post
Page 886 of 966 FirstFirst ... 386786836876877878879880881882883884885886887888889890891892893894895896936 ... LastLast